1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!

• Dismiss Notice

£350m Fund Stuck In Legal Limbo

APS Aug 17, 2013

1. APS

APS Administrator Staff Member

BBC

£1.2tn :) ok guys empty your pockets :D

HAL WARD likes this.
    2. Demon_skeith

Demon_skeith Chataholic

Since the fund is stuck in limbo, they can pocket it back to me :D

3. HAL WARD

HAL WARD Getting There

I would think that money came from the Royal Family at that time, what do you think ? Each state here has a Treasurer and millions of undelivered unclaimed money is given to each states proper office. They do not actively look for the owners of the money but do keep it in a special fund so it is always available, meanwhile they collect interest from that money. So you contact your own state Treasurers office where you were born and look at the name list and see if you have money sitting there, so happens a few years ago I did. I had 1680 dollars that had been paid on mineral rights on an old property I had 25 years ago. I left there and moved about for 15 years and the check was sent back to the sender which in turn mailed it to my state treasurers office, that's how it works here in the USA. Don't know if the UK has anything similar but maybe it does, but then I don't think Brits move around as much as we do here in the USA, people here are always moving from state to state because of work or other reasons.

4. APS

APS Administrator Staff Member

I doubt this came from Royalty,it has taken 85 years of interest to amass to 350 million.
      We have an unclaimed estates list here in the UK.Generally if Estates are still unclaimed after 30 years the money goes to the Treasury.
      The Treasury publishes an up to date list of unclaimed Estates over £xx pounds and we have quite a few firms who will try to trace relatives and sign them up to help them claim their inheritance.

5. HAL WARD

HAL WARD Getting There

Money was worth far more in 1925 than it is today, so that amount might sound small today but at the time quite a chunk of change. I once bought gas for 15 cents a gallon, sure wish I were living back then. I remember riding to the grocery store on my bike to buy milk, at the time it was like 50 cents a gallon, the glass bottle deposit was 25 cents, my Grandmother always told me to get soup bones for the dog, they were free and after a nice soup was prepared the dog got the bones ;0) same bike here in the photo, taken Christmas day 1956

Attached Files: