1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!
    • Dismiss Notice

1tb+ Solid State Drives?

Smokey Aug 6, 2016

1. Smokey

Smokey Shortie's Teddy Bear <3 Staff Member

Anyone got one? They are SUPER pricey at the moment. I would like to get one in the future or possibly with my next laptop in a few years if it's upgradable and I can swap out the stock SSD in it for a 1TB if I have the cash to do so.
    2. APS

APS Administrator Staff Member

Mines only 120GB which has Windows on it.Every thing else is on 1tb drive partitioned into 2
      Smokey likes this.
    3. Smokey

Smokey Shortie's Teddy Bear <3 Staff Member

Mine is a similar setup, but a 1TB SSD along with a 1TB HDD would be quite awesome.
    4. Entmtone

Entmtone New Chatter

I currently only have a 128gb SSD. That I use for some major programs and os. But I also have a total of 5TB of storage lol. My next built will consist of all SSD's. You can get 1TB drives now for like 200-300. Which tbh isn't bad. And by the time that I'm ready to build my next computer they will be even cheaper. You just don't see that kind of performance on a mechanical drive.