1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!

• Dismiss Notice
    • Dismiss Notice

9/11 - 13 Years On!

Shortie861 Sep 11, 2014

1. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

I am pretty sure I speak for everyone when it comes to this day that we all more than likely remember what we were doing on this day, I know I do.

I remember I was at school when the first planes hit and didn't know anything about what had happened until I got home and saw my Mum had CNN on which was very unusual, remember it was not long after I got in that the last tower standing fell. It was a shock to see what I saw upon coming through the back door after school as it's not something you tend to think about at all or even want to see.

For weeks and weeks after that I used to set my TV/VCR combi to wake me each morning and the channel it came onto each morning was a channel with news on meaning each morning I woke to the same sound of drilling at Ground Zero and seeing the rescue efforts which still sticks in my mind even now.

Had it been a normal day and something like this had not have happened this day probably would not have stuck in my mind like it does now, I even remember what classes I had that day and that is something I can not say I would remember for any other day.

13 Years have passed now and still it's painful to remember the suffering that people went through on that day both for the people who died that day and for those who lost someone that day. May they all RIP.

[​IMG]

2. jnugget

jnugget Regular Chatter

i dont think anyone will ever forget the horror we saw that day

i was twagging school at home news came on i cant remember what was on before it came on as the news took over my mind made me forget the rest of the day as soon i saw the towers on fire ect i thought it was fake untill i saw the plane go into the second tower and then they fell

for weeks after that all i could see when i closed my eyes at night was those poor people that couldnt be helped it was horrible

3. Maddie

Maddie Getting There

I remember, I was at work when it all went down but I didn't find out about it right away. I remember sitting in the break room at work and people were whispering about it while they were watching the news. When I got home, my older brother gave me some money to top off the gas tank in my car 'cause everyone was afraid that we weren't going to be able to get gas for a while.

4. Marti

Marti Super Moderator Staff Member

that was a very sad day and scary one