1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!
    • Dismiss Notice

Webmaster A Trash Forum

Claraviolet Jul 12, 2016

1. Claraviolet

Claraviolet New Chatter

I am a member of various forums and I have come across this so called "trash forum". Some forum administrators, just move spam threads and posts to this forum, so that they could preserve their thread count and post count. Honestly, these threads and posts don't really add anything to the forum and they are just stupid. So, I would rather delete them rather than preserve them in a way.

What about you guys? What do you think of trash forum?
    2. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

I believe a trash forum works well in keeping things all together so you can keep kind of a log of previous problems on the forum, it's good for staff to be able to go back to when they need to to prevent further problems from happening.
    3. Claraviolet

Claraviolet New Chatter

Well, I am talking about most of the content that ends up in the trash forum.
      It's fine as long as the content is made by a legitimate user but not some bot. Even so, people collect stuff made by bots too and that's just weird, according to me.

Most of the spam messages consists of various links and they won't be crawled by search engine bots either.
    4. APS

APS Administrator Staff Member

People run their Forums in their own way.If everyone was the same life would be real boring :)
      Smokey likes this.
    5. Smokey

Smokey Shortie's Teddy Bear <3 Staff Member

A trash forum can be necessary at times as Shortie has stated. If not for going back to see previous issues caused, as a way of keeping member logs of sorts to help keep track of a troublesome user's previous usernames, IP addresses and such. :)
    6. Maddie

Maddie Quiet Chatter

I have a "trash bin" on my forum but I keep it in the staff only section of the forum. That way, the staff can see what kind of stuff get trashed on the forum.
    7. steel bat

steel bat Chat Addict

Depends whether your forum hosting has limited capacity or not. If there's no penalty then why not keep everything in case of future reference.
    8. bharath

bharath New Chatter

I don't have trash or spam related forums and I delete them permanently so they won't post again in future. Most forum oners want to keep that forums because of 404 errors.