1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!

• Dismiss Notice
    1. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

So, this thread may get heated as many will have their own opinions which others may not agree with so I am going to stress that this be kept clean and we respect people's opinions, thanks.

What are your thoughts on abortion?

I myself don't agree with abortion unless it is for health purposes. The way I see it is if you are not wanting to get pregnant then you should take all the precautions that are there for you to prevent becoming pregnant. Using a form of abortion to get rid of an unborn child because someone couldn't take the precautions I feel is all wrong. Under circumstances such as carrying on with a pregnancy if it's going to affect the mothers health in a bad way then I feel that abortion is necessary but only under very serious circumstances. Abortion in my opinion should not be a form of birth control.

2. fiona1964

fiona1964 Chataholic

I agree abortion should not be used as a form of birth control
      Only time abortion should be ok is when a wman is raped or is one or both mother and child will not make it

I say this even though I knew my first child would not live if I contued the pregnancy
      But I did contuned it and on Xmas eve I gave birth a a boy weighing in at 1oz 2pound
      he was breathing which shocked every one but he did not last long and died on Xmas day 1980
      I had 12 great hours with my son and would I do it again knowing nw what I know yes I would still go though with the pregnancy because I had them 12 hours and no-ne can take that away from me

Abortion is wrong

3. BeautifulAngel

BeautifulAngel Quiet Chatter

I believe that abortions should be allowed under some circumstances. For example if the girl got raped she should be allowed to have an abortion since it wouldn't be right for her to always look at that child and have a reminder of what she's been through. However I believe that if they had sex willingly they knew what the consequences before they did what they did and if they don't know about the consequences then they shouldn't be doing anything.

Also I believe that if the parents are unfit then they should be responsable enough to put that child up for adoption because to me you chose whether or not to have sex, not the child so why should the childs life be jeopardized if it was someone else's decision? To me even if the child isn't developed yet or technically alive it's still eventually going to be a living breathing human. Plus if you don't want to have a child or get pregnant why would take a risk where you know you can get pregnant?

4. Cecil15

Cecil15 I am Me...

I am not in favor of abortion as well. And if the main purpose for it is to kill the baby because of unpreparedness, then I would say that it's terribly wrong to do so. It's like murdering a live person in your hands.

I really think that the youth today should be very careful in their choices so that won't resort to this kind of activity. It's against the law of people and of God.

5. zararina

zararina Chat Addict

I am also against abortion. It was right that women should better be cautious not to get pregnant if they are not yet ready or they do not like to be pregnant on the first base. It was not right to kill an unborn baby since it is already considered a life and not just a form of mass inside the woman's womb.
      An unborn child is considered a gift from God and it should be given a chance to live and grow as a person in this world.

6. ItsZippy

ItsZippy New Chatter

It seems like I will be preaching to the choir, but I'll give you my position. I am against abortion.

To me, where life actually beings seems irrelevant. What is important is that, at conception, a human being begins development. Provided nothing goes wrong with the pregnancy, the natural result will be a birth. The potential for life and the development of the human life is enough for us to try to preserve it.

7. Julia

Julia New Chatter

Abortion should not be considered a birth control. Life starts after fertilization.

As a Christian, I am against abortion. Abortion should not be legalized by the government. Every life is God given and should be valued. Abortion is like committing a murder and the worst thing is that the victim is an innocent child.

8. Hotspot

Hotspot Quiet Chatter

I believe that everyone has the right to do what they want and what they would like to do, as long as it isn't hurting anyone.
      Now before you say anything, "Oh, but aborting a child is hurting and killing a baby!". Okay, it can be. But we don't know when the baby can start having feelings or even when the soul has entered the body. IF you knew when the baby's soul enters the fetus, then you can totally tell me about it, but if you don't know.. then don't bother.
      If a woman wants to stop pregnancy, then I think she should be able to do it. Of course, I do have my limitations. I do think that abortions should only be done under special circumstances, usually. Like if the baby is going to die when it's born, the doctors can detect these things and if you can abort the baby fast enough, the soul may be able to enter a healthy pregnant woman.
      I'd much rather get to live countless, than die a few minutes later after being born. If I were a baby again.
      What if it were to kill the mother? What if the baby was to have a defect? What if the baby had a disability and would never see life as everyone else see's it? Wouldn't you rather give the child a chance to enter a healthy body and see life as most people do?
      I am fully pro choice, women should do what they think feels right. Although they should try to have all sorts of protections, like condoms, birth control.. all of that stuff to prevent pregnancy.
      Not to mention, that if abortion isn't an option. Women will just go to an unlicensed doctor and could be harmed in the process of an illegal abortion.
      Although, I do believe women should get abortions immediately. Like even in the first week, this way the soul of the baby might not enter the body yet.

Honestly, if I was a girl, I would hope to be a lesbian or asexual. Cause the last thing I'd ever want to be, would be pregnant lol.
      That's coming from someone who loves being a homosexual male and wouldn't ever want to be with a woman too, so that totally means something, I think. XD

9. big lin

big lin Shy Chatter

I'm a mother of two and I'm pro-life. I agree with abortion if the mum's life is in danger or if the pregnancy came about through rape or incest but not otherwise.

For what it's worth I was advised to abort my eldest child when I was pregnant. He has a number of genetic defects and I knew that bringing up a special needs child would be hard but I still gave birth to him.

I'm glad that I did and my husband and I love him dearly.

I hate the fact that some girls use abortion as a means of birth control - some have had as many as eight abortions.

That makes me feel very sad.

10. big lin

big lin Shy Chatter

Sorry, I was having server problems and seem to have posted the same message more than once.

Lord, I'm sorry! Can't see a 'delete' button yet!

11. APS

APS Administrator Staff Member

No problem fixed for you.

12. big lin

big lin Shy Chatter

Thanks!

13. Spice

Spice Chat Addict

While I am pro life, there are certain times when abortion is necessary. It should never be used as a means of birth control and how dare the government interfere in something that is none of their business.

14. Emerald

Emerald Getting There

I agree with you Shortie, Big Lin and Spice and also believe abortion should not be used as a means of birth control.

Shortie861 likes this.
    15. toetapping

toetapping Chataholic

If I was raped or either one us endangered with their life I would choose and abortion. These days there is no reason why any one should fall pregnant if they don't want to. I don't believe in abortion just because I don't want the child.

Shortie861 likes this.