1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!

• Dismiss Notice
    • Dismiss Notice
    1. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

Many people have a different accent to one another whether you live in a different country or just live in the same country but in a different part of the country.

Do you have a favourite accent?

I myself love to hear an American accent :) don't know why I just really enjoy listening to an American accent. I have an American friend who I have known for nearly 4 years now and we game together and chat alot and I honestly could sit and listen to him chat all day :) totally love that accent. Another one of mine is the Spanish accent or even Spanish language which is kind of crazy because my friend in American can also speak spanish. Two for the price of one :D

2. RJH

RJH Getting There

I have a Yorkshire accent and some people can't understand me

3. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

Brit accent. I can't stand scottish or irish to be very honest. XD British people speak English with a such a style... there's certain elegance to their accent...

4. fantanoice

fantanoice New Chatter

It always kinda bugs me when people say, "Oh, I don't have an accent." Everybody has an accent. An accent is how one speaks, not a term for somebody speaking differently to somebody else.

As for me, I'm Australian so I have an Australian accent. I quite enjoy listening to English and Irish accents, but I cannot stand American or New Zealand accents.

5. Pandorica

Pandorica Allons-y!

I love the northern Irish accent, and the scottish accent, they're just awesome.

6. Dirty Harold

Dirty Harold Bringin' Secsy Back

Aye, I have a Scottish accent, and I speak very rapidly. Although I currently live in the United States, I wasn't born in the US. I was born in Stirling, Scotland. My heritage is Scottish, Czechoslovakian, Polish, and French, so I'm 100% European. Sometimes people in the US laugh at my accent, but I think it's damn right cool. :D

7. APS

APS Administrator Staff Member

There isn't a true British accent as we all have a different accent according to the part of Britain we live.
      Most of us keep our money in a Bank except for Black Country people(an area of Britain) they keep theirs in a Bonk :)

8. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

True that, but london's accent is pretty standard. Am I not right?

9. APS

APS Administrator Staff Member

London accent is standard in London :)

Shortie and I live about 100 miles apart but our accents will be totaly different.

10. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

I would love to live in the US myself :)

Yup, that is true :) very different and also the weird part is, even though we all live in the same country just a different part and have different accents sometimes we can't always understand one another.

My friend from American loves my accent but sometimes he can't understand me which can be quite challenging but fun. Sometimes it's the same with me though things he says I don't always understand if he says them too fast.