1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!
    • Dismiss Notice

Acer Iconia--dual touch screens?

Allison Jan 21, 2012

1. Allison

Allison New Chatter

Has anyone seen the new Acer Iconia? It has dual touchscreens and okay specs as far as basic computer goes. It looks awesome, but I worry that if I bought it it would be more of a toy than a computer (this has also been my concern with tablets). I've read a few reviews on it, and a few people have said that the keyboard doesn't allow them to type fast enough. It's $1,000, give or take, so I'd really had to purchase it and then it sit around and only be used for play time.
    2. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

They actually look pretty smart :) what kind of things would you use this for? Say forum posting and the such?
    3. Smokey

Smokey Shortie's Teddy Bear <3 Staff Member

Never actually seen the new Iconia myself, but I believe Lunar Scorpio just bought one for herself and loves it. Although I don't think it's the same model you speak of. I however, bought an Asus Transformer and the keyboard dock for it. It's an android based tablet that converts into a mini android netbook. I can type fairly fast on it too :) Almost like a regular sized laptop :).

I paid roughly $580 for both the tablet and the keyboard dock but now you can probably get both for a little over $350-400 if you look around for it. :)

*Goes to google the Acer Iconia model you mentioned*
    4. Demon_skeith

Demon_skeith Chataholic

never seen it, but I always thought Nintnedo be the first to come out with dual touch screens.