1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!
    • Dismiss Notice

Alan Jackson

Shortie861 Aug 2, 2011

1. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

Anyone here a fan of Alan Jackson? Again I hadn't heard of Alan Jackson until around 3 years ago when my friend from PA told me about him. I absolutely love his songs :) think they are great.

My favourites are

Little Bitty

There Goes

Summertime Blues

What are some of your favourite Alan Jackson songs?
    2. HAL WARD

HAL WARD Getting There

My roots are about as deep as they get in the south. I am a native Houstonian and go way back with Country Western. Unfortunately just as in other areas of music even Country has completely changed. There was once a time when Houston had large Country and Western Clubs on every side of town, it was common to see 5 or even 6 hundred people show up at a few of those, this was a nightly event not just on the weekends. Now all of that is gone and has been gone for many years. There was a complete transformation of cultures in Houston as well as in other major cities, nice clubs that had been around for 20 and even 30 years closed after the crowd changed from regulars to unknowns and trouble makers. Well that wasn't the only reason, the music changed and people got older and moved on. We listened to Western Swing , a much different style of music than Alan Jackson and most others you hear today. I honestly can't think of a recent artist in Country and Western that I really like, at the same time I listen to what was Country to me and I'll start putting a few here , you'll see what I mean when you hear the difference. Today's Country music is not a dance music, well most of it isn't dance music. I know artists you have never heard of and you would be surprised how much better the music is. I already had this video up on viddler, it isn't Country Western but there's something about Bolero that I love, the feeling the artist put into their songs just makes it a great music to listen to, even if I don't speak Spanish I still get much enjoyment from this type of music. You can listen to real country western swing at KSEY.com that's in Seymour Texas up close to the Oklahoma state line, they play nothing but western swing, all classics.