1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!

• Dismiss Notice

Alienware Computers

Marc Feb 4, 2012

1. Marc

Marc Crazy Dave FTW!

Will you ever consider to purchase an alienware computer?
      They say that they are the best desktops and laptops for gaming, :)

The video above is the laptop, so here's a pic of the desktop below :

[​IMG]

What do you think?

2. Smokey

Smokey Shortie's Teddy Bear <3 Staff Member

They are far from the best IMHO. They are just overpriced, overglorified computers that can handle gaming. I can make an equivalent desktop to an alienware desktop for a fraction of the cost. It's not worth buying. You're more or less just paying for the name and it's a branch of Dell, which has horrible customer service and generally, their parts are crap. So it's not worth it, at all. If you want a powerhouse for gaming, build one yourself from tigerdirect or newegg.

3. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

lol, the title's really misleading, alienware, I thought the laptop was made by aliens. XD

4. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

Got to admit they look pretty smart but I wouldn't pay the price, alot better to build one up yourself than to purchase one of these, many only really buy these because they do not know anyone or have the knowledge to build a cheaper one with roughly the same specs.

5. ashimashi

ashimashi New Chatter

They are great computers. But it is mostly for gaming which I don't do much in my computer. But the Alienware laptops are also great with graphics which I need but I find my current laptop to be better when it comes to dealing with lots of programs and graphics/video editing. I am currently using a Lenovo Ideapad laptop which is just great. Lenovo is my favourite brand and I find it to be amazing. But I would buy the Alienware desktops if I was a heavy gamer. They have some great prices but I rather play my games on Xbox.

6. Smokey

You must not know a lot about computers and hardware if you think Alienware's prices are "great". They are atrocious.

7. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

lol XD I mean, then what brand's price do you deem appropriate? Not too pricey to your taste?

8. Smokey

you'd pay $2700+ for a alienware PC with only 4GB memory? I wouldn't. I could get something equal or better for far less then that by shopping at say tigerdirect or newegg.com. Hell i've seen even some HP computers that are just as powerful as the alienware counterparts for at least $500 less......it's always cheaper to build your own setup but depending on your skills and such, you can find more powerful, or just as powerful setups for far less then what Alienware PC's go for.

9. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

oh I see, thats way too pricey. XD

DarkGizmo likes this.
    10. Smokey

Yeah....plus Alienware = Dell, Dell always rapes you with their prices and their hardware tends to fail more then any other manufacturer.

11. Dirty Harold

Dirty Harold Bringin' Secsy Back

Eh, Alien ware systems aren't my taste nor are loyal to their price and big ego. For one, they are focused on PC gaming, which is something I rarely do. Their price is drastically high for a purpose that you could easily find in machines like ASUS. Alienware machines aren't as cool as they look either. They may have a neato design and appearance, but their hardware isn't always top notch. Some of their computers are quad-core and six-core, which are very powerful microprocessors, and which can be found in other systems for much less money. BlueRay disk players/burners, USB 3.0 ports, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, Terabyte hard drives, high power graphic cards, state-of-the-art microprocessors, and other positives can be found in Alienware, but at a completely unaffordable price. However these traits, as before, can be found in other machines for much less. I have an ASUS computer, and it is fit to do anything an Alienware computer can do, costing a 1/4 of the price.

12. Allan

Allan New Chatter

Alien Ware used to be great until Dell bought them out.

13. Hirvi

Hirvi New Chatter

They are one of the best computers you can buy for video games, but they seem to be bit too overpowered and overpriced to be honest.

14. volux

volux New Chatter

Yes, Alienware computers have amazing hardware in them, but I can go and buy what is has for 3/4 of the price. Maybe it won't look as good, but there are plenty of amazing looking cases out there!

15. Elseb

Elseb Regular Chatter

Alienware are great computers/laptops. I have an MSI which is a really good gaming laptop. :)

16. Marc

Marc Crazy Dave FTW!

Any reason why?

The lowest spec one might be more of your range, ;)

Yeah, I'd also recommend this and I have done it before but the price was still high, lol (not as high as their best work, but higher than most of their AW computers).