1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!

• Dismiss Notice

America Isn't Like The Rest Of The World

Naiwen Sep 16, 2013

1. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

Or USA isn't the world. So yes, Americans call people from other countries "retarded" for not knowing about their "constituitional rights/democracy" & automatically presume every person on this planet is American & should know this. Of course, that's a gross generalization, but most typical American think there's only 1 country in the world & 1 democracy: USA.

Clik on the link to see the comments:

2. APS

APS Administrator Staff Member

Thats the biggest load of drivel i've heard for ages :)

MsPJ likes this.
    3. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

yeah, & calling me retarded makes him more of an ignorant, but yeah, of course... America is the only country in the world for most American citizens. Just shows how Americans have no clue about the rest of the world being different from the US.

4. APS

APS Administrator Staff Member

My reply was to the point that it isn't what most Americans think :)

5. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

Yeah I know, but it's because of people like him that others think this way of Americans or that
      these stereotypes exist.

6. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

There are American's like this I will not deny that but usually American's that seem to think their Country is the only Country in the world are the stuck up and rude ones. I have quite a few American friends two of which I have regular contact with and I myself am not 100% familiar with America's history or their beliefs and such and that is not a problem for the people I talk to, they learn about where I live through me and I learn about their Country from them.Never in a million years have I ever been called retarded by any of my American friends for not knowing something they thought I may about their Country instead they explained it as I do with them if they do not know something.

These American's who think they are God's gift so to speak, are ones I can not stand. If they want to believe that they are the only Country in the world and that everyone who is not 100% familiar with America and their way's of doing things is retarded then in my opinion they are not worth knowing.

People who usually post these kind of comments on YouTube video's usually have nothing better to do with their time than use their Country as a way to insult people.

MsPJ and Naiwen like this.
    7. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

Yep... & exactly yes. I can't really understand why some Americans think everyone should know about how their laws/politics/elections work. & they even are condescending to Americans who don't know about their country's constituitional rights. & it's because of them that Americans have such a reputation.

8. HAL WARD

HAL WARD Getting There

America is made up of every race and culture in the world, so I don't see the logic here. Only the past 40 years have our immigration laws been violated to the point that they are no longer being adhered to, like for instance English is the language for America, not Spanish or any other language. We have liberals who slowly have destroyed those requirements and spent billions of our tax dollars to hire Spanish speaking teachers and professors rather than enforce the laws, " that by the way is still the law... " It won't be much longer and no one in America will speak English. I can see a great way to even things up, once they all get here we Americans can just pick up and move south to Mexico, like one big trade, they haven't done anything to their country to improve how they live so all those pretty places and resources are ripe for the picking. Then about 50 years later they'll all see the mess they made in America and start moving back across the border, at that point Americans go home again and clean up the mess. Yes that will work..;)

MsPJ likes this.
    9. Grungie

Grungie Raging Alcoholic

After seeing all these threads, it seems like Naiwen really hates the US, seeing as she loves stereotyping them.

Every country has those idiots that thinks their country is the center of the universe, so I say it's fairly ignorant to act like America is the only country that has these people. I've run into tons of Canadians, Europeans and Australians that act just like the people you're describing.

MsPJ likes this.
    10. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

No, I really hate anyone who act/think like him in real life: insulting other people for not living in America & etc. On 1 forum, I actually met an admin who was this way: all mighty/superior (actually calling them morons/retards) to members from other countries, & they eventually all left the forum. Granted, people from other countries (even Indians/Chinese/Russians/Japanese) might think this way, but it's a predominant trait in Americans. I've met the bad type of Americans.

11. Grungie

Grungie Raging Alcoholic

No it's not, and you shouldn't be stereotyping people from a single country, it's really bigoted and it also makes you look really hypocritical when you're talking about people for being close minded and ignorant, but you're stereotyping an entire country's people. You're being just as bad as they are.

MsPJ likes this.
    12. MsPJ

MsPJ Ms Biscuit

God Bless The USA

Shortie861 likes this.