1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!

• Dismiss Notice

Americans Are Going Ballistic

Naiwen Aug 11, 2013

1. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

Or "overworrying" about N.K & Kim's actions. Your own feelings about this?

2. Jasper123

Jasper123 New Chatter

Their a bit bonkers are the people who run North Korea, complete bullies as well, one day their people will rise up, until then their own people and the South Koreans will continue to suffer

Naiwen likes this.
    3. Pats CG

Pats CG Quiet Chatter

Do you really think they will 'rise up' - wish that were so, just cant see it tho'

4. HAL WARD

HAL WARD Getting There

Hard to rise up when you live in a gulag . The first Korean war was a miserable failure from day one on the Washington front. It was Washington who did not arm or train South Koreans before the start of that war, the policy makers at the time thought it would be the South Korean leader who would start the war so they denied any help in arms or training, you see the results today, I guess it always goes back to the old proven theory, if you don't want to win a war and win it quickly, then stay out. Something modern day leaders know nothing about since most have never worn a uniform or done anything for their country other than en-richen themselves.

Naiwen likes this.
    5. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

I agree too, Jasper. N.K's rise will make S.K suffer. Why haven't they understood this yet? & People there in the NK think Kim's a saint or "worship" him as one.

6. Demon_skeith

Demon_skeith Chataholic

according to my grandpa who was in the Korean war, he said anytime things got dicey the south Koreans were the first to pull out before the Americans knew. It was indeed a fail war.

7. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

Lol.... Your granddad was in the army?

8. HAL WARD

HAL WARD Getting There

The South Koreans were not equipped nor trained and had no real standing Army in 1951, if my memory serves me the American Army was also not much better prepared. The 1st Calvary was stationed in Hawaii and the first unit to be put into the battle, they arrived with no weapons, no cold weather clothes and little of anything, it was disgraceful to send American forces into a battle in such poor array. As a matter of fact it was so bad it is forbidden to do the same again.
      My Father was stationed on the USS Los Angeles and his second war time service was on this ship which made 5 combat tours to Korea, on the second trip they were shelled and hit from shore batteries in South Korea. I believe he made three trips or cruises to Korea before he died from an accident in Long Beach. The black and white photo is taken from the Turret no 3 overlooking the fantail, he was standing on top of the turret. That deck gun emplacement on the right side of the photo dates this photo to the first Korean war patrol and it was removed after they returned to Long Beach. The history of this ship is rich and before it was retired it actually received the President of South Korea on a visit, and later in the 60's the President of South Vietnam. I have photos of the scraping of the ship and it is very sad to see how it ended. They started from the top and went down deck by deck until there was nothing left! this was in 1975

Attached Files:

9. APS

APS Administrator Staff Member

Why do you find that so strange ?
      My Grandfather was in WW1 he was too old for WW2

10. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

Oh no, I was just finding it so unusual, that's all.