1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!

• Dismiss Notice

Animals Animal Fostering

Allison Jan 21, 2012

1. Allison

Allison New Chatter

I have spent the past few months fostering dogs for a local rescue. It is an extremely rewarding experience and I love knowing that the dogs I am fostering will be going to amazing pre-screened homes. I rescued animals myself from sites like Craigslist and rehomed them, but I didn't have the resources to do home checks and follow-ups. By doing this through the rescues, I know the animals I am taking care of are going to go somewhere incredible and be loved.

I'd be interested in meeting others who foster animals and how many they take in at a time. Right now I am fostering 2 on top of the 3 that I own, so I have five doggies right now. The foster babies are a beagle who was living in a hoard situation and a chihuahua that was rescued from a gassing shelter in Oklahoma. They are the sweetest dogs I have ever met, and I'm glad they were saved.

2. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

I can't say I have ever thought about doing Animal Fostering to be honest, I have always been one to take in animals that I know are stray and let the RSPCA know about it. Remember a woman whom used to live next door to use when I lived at my mum's she left and left a cat behind to fend for himself. We left it a short while to see if she came back for him and when she didn't we took him in, informed the RSPCA and my mum offered to home him. He is still alive now and 13 years old.

3. Allison

Allison New Chatter

We took in strays all summer, vetted them, and rehomed them. Right now we don't have a car or we'd still be doing it. I like fostering because it frees up room for other doggies to come in, and the rescue I'm fostering for pulls from gassing shelters all over the country.

It's sad to think these guys were left to be gassed. They're great doggies.

4. roxfan003

roxfan003 Shy Chatter

I'm still in a renting situation where fostering more animals is not allowed in my complex since I already own two animals, which is the max number. However, once my husband and I get our own house and are in a better financial situation, I would love to foster dogs and cats. I've also dreamed of starting my own small rescue.

5. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

Aww that is awful :( how anyone can do that to any animal is awful.