1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!
    • Dismiss Notice
    • Dismiss Notice

Another Great Story

wiseguy May 5, 2013

1. wiseguy

wiseguy Chataholic

A man whose heart stopped twice and had to have a quarter of his skull removed following a hit-and-run in London has met the medical student who helped save his life on the roadside.
      Lee Rose, 23, from Hainault underwent major surgery for a blood clot on his brain and a broken hand after he was hit by a people carrier on Leytonstone High Road in Waltham Forest at about 00:25 BST on 20 April.
      King's College London medical student, Laura Falvey, 20, happened to be driving past.
      She said: "I saw him in the road and jumped out quickly because there were no blue lights and all I could see was a pair of feet sticking out from a group of people.
      [​IMG]Lee suffered a blod clot on the brain following the collision

"I asked if anyone knew what they were doing, and everyone looked at me with blank faces and they were all terrified."
      Laura said security guards from a local pub moved people out the way so she could attend to Lee while they waited for the paramedics to arrive.
      "His pupils were staring straight forwards and there was no response. I was trying to hear his breathing or feel his breath but his chest wasn't moving. I turned him to do CPR and saw his chest judder, I leant down and heard the faintest of breaths.
    2. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

Wow! It is amazing what people will do when they know the knowledge and know they can help someone who is in dire need of it. It's a shame many more are not able to do things like this when it's needed the most.