1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!

• Dismiss Notice

Anyone purchased the new MW3 Maps?

Marc May 9, 2012

1. Marc

Marc Crazy Dave FTW!

Anyone purchased the new maps for MW3? On the PC, it was announced yesterday. Currently, only a few 100s purchased it so far but I'm waiting till more do so there'll always be a full game when I come to play. Are the new maps worth the $15 US?

2. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

I debated on getting them for the Xbox 360 but in the end decided against it mainly because I hardly played MW3 after a while and also because I wasn't keen on the first pack that was released after trying them. I don't think they are as great as the ones for Black Ops where when they where released.

3. Marc

Marc Crazy Dave FTW!

Well, on PC the new maps really killed regular gameplay. Everyone is migrating to the new section of the game which regular users have no access to and gets a redirect to the shop page to purchase the new maps. I've asked a few friends on Steam and they said it's 4 new maps so I might purchase the content in time.

The regular section for multiplayer isn't complerely dead yet but the number of users playing have decreased dramatically. Everytime you go online, team deathmatch has only 4 currently games and others have 2 or 1.. that's really a big disappointment..

4. Shortie861

That is a shame, especially for those who don't want the new maps or are unable to get them.

5. Ikram45

Ikram45 Getting There

This is what happens in almost every COD Game. When a new DLC comes out, most of the people would be playing it. I still need to think if they are worth $15 ;)

6. Marc

Marc Crazy Dave FTW!

I know people on my contacts list that said the new DLC maps aren't as good as you'd think and the number of players aren't really what you'd be expecting, o_O
      Anyway, pack2 just came out.. not sure about its contents, btw (because I never read the announcement).

7. Shortie861

I have just been reading about one called Face Off.

It's two free maps that are a 2 vs 2, has anyone tried these yet? I know they are available on Xbox at the moment but not sure about PS3 and PC.

8. Marc

Marc Crazy Dave FTW!

2 Vs 2...? Wow!
      Those maps should be really small or the game might not be any funny.. for me, hehe..

The ones for PC that I've heard about are large maps but they're just new additions (same ol' multiplayer gameplay)

9. Ikram45

Ikram45 Getting There

Wow, 2v2 reminds me of Rust back in MW2 when we used to play 2v2 sniper only! :D