1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!
    • Dismiss Notice

Are games getting easier?

Shortie861 Jun 23, 2012

1. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

Do you think that games for newer consoles are getting easier than they used to be on older retro consoles?

How much easier do you think they are getting or do you still find them as challenging as you did with older consoles?
    2. iLeo

iLeo New Chatter

I don't think the games are getting easier. It might seem they're getting easier because some people have been playing video games for a long time. If anything they should be getting harder because video gaming as evolved so much from pixelated games to 3D...
    3. Grungie

Grungie Raging Alcoholic

It depends. I think the difficulty in old games that people are having nostalgia fits over can be traced to either fake difficulty or technical limitations (see Ghosts and Goblins).

Though some people are also complaining about hand holding in recent games. While some aspects of hand holding aren't necessary, some aspects make the games more enjoyable.

For example: I play a lot of RPGs and while I do love the old classics and still play them, I enjoy that the newer ones actually tell you where to go on the map instead of the old ones that basically require a walkthrough since the game doesn't tell you where to go after completing a dungeon.
    4. Demon_skeith

Demon_skeith Chataholic

Not all but a lot are of there is simply no challenge to them. Nintendo seems to abandon their old hard ways.
    5. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

Have you played some RPGs, then?