1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!

• Dismiss Notice

Are supplements and 'alternative medicines' are worth taking?

Dylan Feb 10, 2012

1. Dylan

Dylan Experienced Forum Owner

It is thought that drinking green tea can help protect against the onset of Alzheimer’s; taking cod liver oil will give your body a good boost of bone-strengthening vitamin D; and the herbal remedy Echinacea can help your immune system fight against colds and flu. (YouGov)

Do you think supplements and 'alternative medicines' are worth taking? And if so, which ones and why?

I posted this in the wrong section but there was know option to delete.

2. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

I have moved this to health and beauty for you :)

I believe that some supplements can really help your body say Vitamin C, Vitamin B and the such however many of those you get from just eating the right kinds of food so in which case vitamins are only really needed if you are not getting enough of those by just eating and drinking what you normally eat.

There are far too many medicines and supplements being sold nowadays on shelves that it really can be hard to determine whether or not they are worth taking. Usually I will only take things like this if I am suggested or provided by my doctor or if I feel like one kind of supplement may help me.

3. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

I'd def say vitamin As ans Cs and other vitamins or proteins will help you. But yeah, some others won't much. XD