1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!
    • Dismiss Notice

Arizona Wild Fire 18 Firefighters Died

HAL WARD Jul 1, 2013

1. HAL WARD

HAL WARD Getting There

Just reported late this evening 18 fire fighters have died fighting a wild fire in Arizona, all I can say is that's terrible and I surely wouldn't want to be the person in charge. I would think someone made a very bad decision.
    2. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

I am hearing 19 have died now is this now correct? Just shocking. I heard that they got told to go north and then got told to pull back and when they turned around the fire had jumped across a small road and they ended up being trapped.

Makes you realise the dangers of what they have to go through.
    3. HAL WARD

HAL WARD Getting There

It appears 19 is correct, there was obviously some bad decision making going on from the leadership, there is no structure or property worth more than the lives of the people fighting these fires, that's rule number one. This will have a serious effect on the fire fighters who entrust their lives to those that do have authority and give them the instructions, I know it would effect me....