1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!

• Dismiss Notice

Bangor night-time ban

APS Jun 17, 2012

1. APS

APS Administrator Staff Member

BBC

The quote by the Police seems a bit stupid,it will apply to all youngsters not with an adult.

2. Demon_skeith

Demon_skeith Chataholic

I'm assuming the city has problem with teens, if that is so then this is a good move.

3. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

I do agree Demon_skeith, if there is a lot of trouble caused in that area then this will be a good move however the downfall will be that youngsters who do not cause trouble will also get penalised which I think is where the problem may come into place.

4. magicmagick.com

magicmagick.com Getting There

maybe they should have make it after 11, not 9-:showoff:

5. APS

APS Administrator Staff Member

If they think that taking the 15yrs and under of the streets is gonna sort the drinking problem then they're in the wrong job.

6. trewqaz

trewqaz New Chatter

Curfews are common in the US and apply to anyone under 18 who does not have a valid reason to be out such as work. Roving bands of teenagers are frequently out causing trouble and this - to some extent - limits that. Teens can still go out, they just have to have at least one responsible person with them. I don't know what time the Bangor curfew would kick in, but here in the US it's usually 10 on a weeknight and midnight on weekends.

I can say that I did dislike the law when I was a teen myself, but as an adult I can see the advantages. Most of what I was roaming around doing as a teenager are things I wouldn't like my own teenagers doing. While I can control them pretty well at home, not every parent of every kid I let them stay with is as responsible. Having the law to back me up is kind of nice.