1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!

• Dismiss Notice

Batman Massacre

Shortie861 Jul 21, 2012

1. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

Read about this yesterday and I forgot to post about it, just awful what happened in Colorado during a movie screening of the new Batman movie. It is said that he went in wielding weapons dressed up as the joker with red hair.

They are now saying that he legally bought the weapons and 6,000 rounds of ammunition in the last 60 days.

This was posted on TMZ.com

More on the news can be found at Sky News

Here is an image that was used and people are saying he turned up like at the movie before he began shooting (image taken from TMZ.com)

[​IMG]

Such a sick, sick man who deserves more than what he will get when he is finally sentenced :/ my thoughts are with the friends and family of the victims.

2. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

yeah poor guy man, I do take pity on him.

3. Shortie861

How come you take pity on him Naiwen?

He purposely killed 12 people and injured 59 more and some where children at a screening of the batman movie, people who where innocently going to watch a movie. He has also booby trapped his flat with incendiary and loads of wires everywhere that it is too dangerous to even open the door to go inside so it's seems the only option is to detonate. He is now currently alive and well in police custody waiting for his court date which is Monday whilst others are mourning the people he killed.

Emerald likes this.
    4. Spice

Spice Chat Addict

I hope he fries and I don't believe in the death penalty.

Shortie861 likes this.
    5. Shortie861

Jus heard on the radio that a 6 year old girl died due to his selfless acts and her mother is now fighting for her life :( so awful.

6. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

He mustn't have been in a sane state of mind, thats what i'm sayin... so yeah.

7. VirusZero

VirusZero New Chatter

I feel no pity or remorse for this sort of person. I don't know what compelled him to go massacre all those people. I only know that he ruined lives and any punishment he gets won't be enough. He might get life in prison, but that doesn't change how many lives he cut short or how many families now have to wake up feeling that pain of loss. Nothing will bring those families relief or their relatives back now.

Though even if they bring tighter gun and ammo control rules in place, this type of situation probably won't be averted. These type of people will just find other places/methods to acquire their guns and ammo. They'll steal ammo, get friends to buy ammo or whatever.

8. Demon_skeith

Demon_skeith Chataholic

Viruszero hit it on the head, ban guns go ahead. the black market will laugh at those who seek banning weapons.

Anyways what I'm more interested in is this guy's apartment which is full of enough bombs to blow away the neighborhood. Is he really smart enough to do this? And why tip off police?

9. Shortie861

It seems that his apartment is now safe enough for them to go inside now and remove all bombs, well I say bombs according to a news reporting I have been watching of the live events it's fireworks that are wired up to a blue liquid.

There was two small explosions that didn't seem to cause any kind of fire and from what I understand one was done with the aid of a robot and a water cannon. The word is that they will now take the explosives to somewhere safe and detonate away from the area and then go in and get all evidence they can. The whole place is rigged though and if someone had of entered without knowledge of what was behind the door it could have been very fatal, the guy seriously knew what he was doing that is for sure.

10. Demon_skeith

Demon_skeith Chataholic

I wonder how long his court stuff will be dragged out. I know there are people hungry to kick his a**.

11. Spice

Spice Chat Addict

Saw his court appearance on the news yesterday. It was like he was totally out of it. And of course now DHS has fueled the fear by targeting other theaters where more crazies could kill. Geez, really?

12. Demon_skeith

Demon_skeith Chataholic

I wonder if he was on meds, he did seem out of it.

I also read that gun sales in that city has tripped, that helps things.

13. Spice

Spice Chat Addict

Oh yeah, more idiots with guns is just what is needed.

14. Emerald

Emerald Getting There

Shocking tragedy, God rest their innocent souls.

15. Grungie

Grungie Raging Alcoholic

I kind of agree. Banning guns and other firearms isn't going to prevent the problem of shootings, criminals will get ahold of guns no matter what.. It'll just prevent people who actually use guns for recreation, like hunting, (or if you've seen shows like Mountain Men, people who need guns to survive). Kind of like how outlawing drugs didn't stop people from being addicted and dying from overdoses.

16. Demon_skeith

Demon_skeith Chataholic

very true, kind of sad the people demanding can't see the truth.