1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!
    • Dismiss Notice

Been Called A Heretic?

Naiwen May 9, 2013

1. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

Wow, some days ago at a book store, someone called me a "heretic and also a Satanist/Witch" whatever myself, for what? I couldn't believe it.. for only liking Harry Potter. Please be careful, it really could happen, guys, lol. I just want to know how come? Same thing happened when I've said I liked Dan Brown's "Angel & Demons". Why? I was very perplexed, lost and didn't even know how to reply to the person?! In other words, should I have taken the' seriously?
    2. APS

APS Administrator Staff Member

If someone called you a heretic for liking Harry Potter and the Film Angels & Demons then they don't even know the meaning of the word,so just forget it :)
    3. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

Books, actually, APS... XDD So weird. Yes, more so the mere fact that I liked fantasy, I think. Cause I was looking at the section.
    4. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

Seems to me like they don't know what they are talking about to be honest and just tried to say it to make them look good and hurt you. I wouldn't let it get you down :) they are not worth it in the end.
    5. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

I didn't feel hurt all, just awkward and funny. And yes, he was sermoning me. XD