1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!
    • Dismiss Notice
    • Dismiss Notice

Being proud and respecting your Country

Shortie861 Jul 7, 2011

1. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

Ok, so a little bit of a rant here kind of and also praise :) we have many countries some of which are proud of their countries and their nationalities and do so much to show it and others whom do not.

I am British and I live in the UK and as much as I am proud of the nationality I am and the fact that I am a UK citizen I do feel sometimes ashamed of this Country for many reasons.

Take America for instance, they lose soldiers in Afghanistan and Iraq and it hit's them pretty hard, they have a whole day dedicated to the men and women who serve their Country.

9/11 they always do something big to remember those who lost their lives and to come together as one and be there for one another

Now take the UK, we have so much to come together for and so much to be proud of that I don't feel it really shows to be honest, we have Bonfire Night (Guy Fawkes night) where we celebrate the fact that Guy Fawkes didn't succeed in blowing Parliament up, we have a day where terrorists attacked out Country (London 7/7 Bombings) and looking in the news today there is hardly any mention of it and you can bet you anything that is done today to mark the day and remember is going to be pretty measley.

What are your thoughts about the Country you live in? Are you proud of the Country you live in?
    2. Cecil15

Cecil15 I am Me...

Oh yes I am! I have a very beautiful country and the people of it are really hospitable and God-fearing. You can see if you would visit here, that all Filipino hosts would try their very best just to please and serve their visitors.
      My country is a devoted Christian, as you can see through traditions and culture we are celebrating every year.
    3. zararina

zararina Chat Addict

Nice we both love our country.:lol:
      Yes, Philippines has beautiful islands. Here you can find one of the seven wonders in the world, the Banaue Rice Terraces and the famous Boracay Beach.
      It has rich culture and tradition that shows how loving, talented and friendly most of the Filipinos are.
    4. redzter29

redzter29 Chat Addict

I agree to both of you. Our country is full of God-fearing, talented, and friendly people too who always care for the welfare of others and for the country itself. Also, we are always united as one during difficult times.

In relation to our natural resources and spots, we do have a range of places you can relax and stay. Indeed, our country is considered as a complete tourist destination since not only you can visit beautiful places, you can also have a taste of our hospitality :party:
    5. soccer.bai123

soccer.bai123 New Chatter

I definitely agree to this comment and the two other comments regarding our beloved country. The place itself is very beautiful, full of nature in it. The people are just amazing. Yes, people are very hospitable. Every time there is a visitor, tourist in the place, people would make sure that they are comfortable and would always offer help.

There is a lot more actually so why dont you try visiting Philippines and see and experience it yourself.
    6. clauemi

clauemi Quiet Chatter

I live in U.S. and yes there are many great accomplishments and things to be proud of but I feel Americans take everything for granted and complain too much over every little thing.

I was born in Mexico but raised in U.S. and I notice that my cousins from Mexico are much more considerate and grateful for the little they have. My cousins that live in U.S. on the other hand are either on drugs or not very good parents to their kids.