1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!

• Dismiss Notice
    • Dismiss Notice

Best way to pick yourself up

Naiwen Nov 4, 2011

1. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

So, best way to pick the pieces of your broken self would be to not feel down, or depressed after a fail. Make progress, thrive on and etc. What are your tips for it?

Note (could very well be in debate, since it's serious. I wouldn't know. If the case, then move it.) Thanks Shortie.

2. Elseb

Elseb Regular Chatter

I just look on the bright side and whistle a song, it works for me. :)

3. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

Just for you Elseb :D

I do agree though all you can do is lift your head high, move on and look on the bright side because in the end it will all be in the past and forgotten.

4. Beverly

Beverly Getting There

When i'm feeling blue, i love talking with my best friend. He knows just what to say to pick me up; can make me laugh over even silly things. I don't know if his jokes are funny or if it's just the company i enjoy but whatever, i feel better. That's how i pick myself up, just by being with someone who makes me feel good about myself.

5. Tony

Tony New Chatter

Alot of stuff has been happening at work lately that has been upsetting me and for weeks now ive just been bottling it all up. So today I spent some time with friends and talked about my problems and it made me feel so much better getting it off my chest. Rather than sit in the house on my own all day which is what I felt like doing this would not have helped at all. So for me getting out there and talking to friends and getting their support helps. Im am trying to remain positive and take things a day at a time in the hope that one day things will get better.

6. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

thanks for the trick. keeping it all to yourself isn't going to help much. But, I'm not quite an open person so yeah. I'd never tell anyone anything. I don't like to share much. It's really difficult for me to discuss about my bad situations in life and etc with other people.

7. Tony

Tony New Chatter

Hi Naiwen yeh its very tempting to keep things to yourself I feel ive turned a corner today as just talking things through with a good friend made me see things more clearly and made me realise there are still things to feel positive about in my life and I am not completely on my own with this as I have the support of other people who are there for me which means alot. I do appreciate what you are saying though and I know how hard it can be for some people to talk about their problems with other people. It just seemed to really work for me today :)

8. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

I guess having a talk with a psychologist or a counselor's much simpler eh? Usually talking with an unknown person will make us feel more at ease? I dunno. XD What do you think?

9. Tony

Tony New Chatter

Sometimes I find talking things through with someone helps you see that it doesnt always have to be the end of the world and you start to see some of the positive things. Things can be fixed. Just getting things off your chest will help alot so proberbly yes. You may start to see things differantly as opposed to when bottling it up and may realise that although things may seem bad they are not as bad as they appear to be once you go through the process of how you can make it better. Hope im making sense :)

10. Cecil15

Cecil15 I am Me...

This is a good question. Bad days are frequent for me recently so believe me, I always find ways for me to feel better. And what I found to be effective is, yes, it's music. Well, maybe because I love music so much. Also, playing with my kids lifts my spirit up. And what the people are saying is true, their smiles are one of the best stress-relievers in the world. :)

11. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

me too. I like to listen to songs when I'm feeling really disgruntled. XD And relaxing music's the best out there for this purpose. What's your type of music?

12. zararina

zararina Chat Addict

Some things I could do when I am depressed to make me feel better are:
      - sleep
      - rest
      - unwind
      - eat my favorite foods
      - listen and sing to my favorite songs
      - talk with someone
      - play with my pets
      - pray

13. Beverly

Beverly Getting There

I like your thinking. Anyone of those is likely to make me feel better. Though i would add, 'spend time with my daughter' and also 'play Runescape'. Those two activities are big stress relievers for me. Tonight, my daughter and i played Runescape together, doing simple activities like wood chopping and fire making. She insisted on both activities and practiced her counting and addition at the same time, estimating how many more logs she'd need to chop to fill the sack. It was one of the most fun two hours we've spent together in ages. Hope to spend more time with her in the future playing the game.

14. Dirty Harold

Dirty Harold Bringin' Secsy Back

Well, some know that I possess Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, also known as "Shell shock" to some. It is awful. It is agonizingly painful, it doesn't go away, you do not want it. Whenever PTSD kicks in, I get very agitated and angry, and takes a while to cool off. I have found different ways to cope with this. Namely, thinking of kickass phrases that I adapt into my life based off successes I have, such as getting promoted in Air Force rank, or memories of pwning bullies that have contributed to PTSD, or just helping people and comforting them. These memories also include me helping at the nursing home during Christmas time. I've learned that drowning out bad thoughts with more of the good ones actually can change my mood efficiently and positively.

15. Beverly

Beverly Getting There

That thing you said about drowning out bad thoughts with good ones is a decent idea. I try to stay positive too.

16. brainfreeze

brainfreeze New Chatter

a box of fresh doughnuts!

17. ProClerk

ProClerk New Chatter

To go out with friends for a long drive ;)

18. Heather

Heather New Chatter

A really cute pair of earings is my preferred pick me up.

19. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

you're very simple then? XDD A a pir of earring would make you more joyful.

20. Heather

Heather New Chatter

So true, I stress a lot and often find comfort in the little things.