1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!

• Dismiss Notice

General bloody dongles

wiseguy May 4, 2012

1. wiseguy

wiseguy Chataholic

went to meadowhall to get this parental lock took off the dongle
      eventually finds carphone warehouse waits 30 mins in a que
      then bloke says never heard of dongles having parental locks on.
      anyway i said i cant even get on jack danials site as its 18,and it comes up on screen t mobile restricted site enter credit card details to prove age,
      he says no way youve got a virus.i explain it was a brand new pc never plugged in till i bought the dongle,anyway eventually he puts it in a pc in the shop,and trys to get on the above site,and low and behold,exactly what i said,happened,he was baffled,i said you should of told me all this when you sold it me,and i paid 3 mths credit on it,so then he sent me hunting round meadow hall for the t,mobile shop
      well when i got there a young lad severed me,he said no prop whats its number,i passed him the card an off he went typing away,
      then he asked for id to prove i was over 18 ffs,which i dont carry my passport or driving licence around so i showed him my fire service id,he said that wasnt good enough it didnt prove my age ffs,i started getting angry then,and shouted in the shop so im an ex 15 yr old fireman ffs
      well in the end after asking for a refund he said i will do it this time for you but i wont do it again

is this political correctness gone mad or what ffs ? :headbang:

2. APS

APS Administrator Staff Member

I feel cheated nobody asks me for proof of age even on the local Metro they don't come and check my pass :( they just assume I'm over 60

3. wiseguy

wiseguy Chataholic

:giggle::giggle:
      :giggle:

4. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

Oh wow, sounds like you had a fun day running around lol. I agree though this Country has gone mad when it comes to proving who you are and your age, they never seem to believe you from you saying and quite clearly seeing you are of age they need the paper work or id, crazy!

5. APS

What I don't understand is in Supermarkets you see signs saying "Don't look 25 please have proof of age ready" why do you need to look 25 to by something it's legal to buy at 18.

6. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

Is it 25 now? I do agree though it is crazy because either way it doesn't matter how many boundaries they put in place people younger than 18 will find a way to get hold of what they are not legally allowed.

7. wiseguy

wiseguy Chataholic

my youngest who is 23 went and filled his car up and i asked him to bring me a pkt of cigarette papers
      at the time you had to be 16 to smoke 17 to drive and dispence petrol
      well he went in to pay with his credit card they would not let him have the cig papers,he said well im nt paying for the fuel,so the police were called,and he sat and waited for them
      they had to sell him the cig papers in the end
      but like everything else because he had no id apart from his credit card,political correctness gone over the top

8. APS

Exactly,if they were happy enough for him to dispense and pay for fuel then they cannot query him over ciggy papers.
      That's not PC over the top,that's downright stupidity :)