1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!
    • Dismiss Notice
    1. Golddisk

Golddisk New Chatter

I live near the great lakes, so a lot of people around where I live like to boat. I assume it is much the same in areas that are nearby other lakes or the ocean. It can be an expensive hobby, because there is the obvious expense of buying a boat, but then their is also all the maintenance costs, fuel, docking/launching fees, etc.

Currently my family has a small 17 foot boat, but it gets us by. We just got into it ourselves a few years ago but so far enjoy it. Sometimes we fish off the boat and other times we kinds just cruise around. I personally like to sit out on the lake on it and read. Its very peaceful and relaxing.
    2. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

I can't say I have ever tried this however where I live there isn't really anywhere to do anything like that aside from a river leading out into a sea. It does sound enjoyable though.
    3. steel bat

steel bat Chat Addict

Where I am is not too far from the Broads and we've occasionally taken a tour on one of the pleasure boats., which is hardly the same as having your own boat.
      One of the great things about Britain though is that your never more than 75 miles or an hour or so's drive from the sea.
      Shortie861 likes this.