1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!

• Dismiss Notice

British Warships

HAL WARD Aug 26, 2013

1. HAL WARD

HAL WARD Getting There

Sitting off the coast of Syrian are ready to participate in a joint strike on Syria if the order comes down from whom ever, I have to believe it would be from NATO but then who knows. I don't think any of us should involve ourselves with Syria, only if the chemical weapons are moved or in danger of falling into the wrong hands, well obviously they're already in the wrong hands but it could be worse. For the record Syria has never manufactured chemical weapons and these had to come from one of two places or both, either Russia or Iraq prior to the last war, I think they were moved to Syria from Iraq and it was reported prior to the start of the last war that a convoy did indeed move the stuff from Iraq.

2. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

I saw on the news last night about David Cameron saying that they were going to war with Syria if it was proven the leader did attack with chemical weapons. I personally am never in agreement with going to war with people at all especially after things like this have already happened, what good can ever come out of going to war with someone, all it ever brings is more killings to innocent people which I know is not always intentional but it still happens and then we end up in a war for sometimes years without any good outcome.

Naiwen and HAL WARD like this.
    3. HAL WARD

HAL WARD Getting There

Yes I agree, this is a no win situation and more of a saving face for our illustrious leader here breathing good air! Israel does a great job of knowing exactly what is happening there and you can bet if those chemical weapons start moving they will take them out and tell this kenyan two days later! They have more to fear than the rest of us but it is only a matter of time before one of our countries is attacked by these people using chemical weapons that they have obtained for money. We already know that Russia is not capable of protecting all the stocks they possess. Just recently I saw on a site photos of a stock pile of space vehicles sitting in a warehouse unguarded, things that would normally have some sort of protection. If you have money you can buy anything you want in Russia, that is the most serious threat, and they have close ties with all the countries we are at odds with. So the future is not bright for the world or at least the free world as we know it. I'm afraid it's only a matter of hours and they will attack Syria, just over night a UN vehicle was hit by sniper fire, the vehicle was carrying the inspectors who are the ones looking for chemical weapons use, it could have just as easily been either side that did that, the opposition side stands to be the biggest winner so I wouldn't be surprised if that sniper attack was not the ruling party side but the opposition. That is how things get very bad very quickly, in the past our great leaders like Churchill and Roosevelt would have never stood in front of a TV camera telling the enemy what our plans were, today we all have idiots in charge...

4. APS

APS Administrator Staff Member

I can't find any reference to British Warships sitting of Syrian coast but there is reference to 4 US Warships off Syrian coast armed with Cruise Missiles.

5. HAL WARD

HAL WARD Getting There

It was confirmed yesterday British ships are in the force, it came from your own ministry spokes person, according to our news. This is a NATO force not just the US but then again you know the drill, unless the US is involved it gets no air time. I hope they don't choose to strike them because over all it does no good, if it isn't Syria it's someplace else that they are killing one another. In peace time when there are no American or other forces in these countries they do it everyday and you don't hear about it. I guess that's why they call them tribes.

6. APS

7. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

I'm a peaceful person. War is never good for anyone. & Like someone said : there are no winners in wars, only losers.

8. HAL WARD

HAL WARD Getting There

Strange, but then you know you also have submarines with tomahawks and it would not be known where they are deployed, but the news here yesterday did say there were indeed British warships prepared to strike Syria. Now tonight I read that Syria has deployed Russian built mobile missiles that can be fired at Israel in case an attack occurs, so I wouldn't want to be in that region, especially if Israel is attacked, it really raises the war factor much higher. It will in the end be another Libya, no one in charge and the bad guys will move in and take charge. I think I would just let things heal itself and keep an eye on them.

9. Demon_skeith

Demon_skeith Chataholic

We need to just stay out of this, if we must get involved then fire enough rockets to cover every inch of sand that can be found there. No ground troops.

10. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

11. Demon_skeith

Demon_skeith Chataholic

Didn't get to read it, but in my paper today it did say USA troops and ships were ready to pounce on Syrian. Though it is only to punish them and not remove their leader from power, man the news says such BS these days. You can bet were about to go to war and remove him from power.

12. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

yep! Very simple & logical analysis & safe bet, Keith.

13. HAL WARD

HAL WARD Getting There

14. Demon_skeith

Demon_skeith Chataholic

Good, lets not go bombing up a country sitting on a pile of poison nukes. Though recent news suggest Obama is willing to go alone.

15. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

Oh well, poor guy's "pushed" around by the pro-war Americans no? & it's like US's breaking-up with England.

16. HAL WARD

HAL WARD Getting There

I think the British Parliament runs their own show, there is no accurate proof of who did the gassing, it just as easily could have been done by the other side, note there is no good side there, so hence the other side! I don't think it is necessary to attack Syria, Israel is watching the chemicals and has a lot more concern that any of us, if they do attack Syria there is a very good chance Israel will be targeted, that alone will start a very nasty war where everyone is involved.

17. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

Yep, it's like the US is betraying Israel.

18. APS

For once our politicians got it right.
      Where is the sense in rushing in all guns blazing when the UN haven't even finished their investigation.

19. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

Er, inspection? What they said on the news.

20. APS

Basically an inspection is looking at something.
      An investigation firstly confirms whether chemical weapons were used and secondly who used them.