1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!

• Dismiss Notice
    1. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

I am someone who hates to see any child bullied. I can't stand to see children being nasty to another child thinking they are clever whilst the child who is the victim can do nothing but stand there and listen to what is being said. I find that more and more nowadays children are being bullied and some of which it's worse than just a few nasty words it's physical violence and it's awful.

Is enough being done to stop bullying? Do you feel more can be done to stop bullying?

I believe bullying has got worse as the years have gone on and it's awful to see.

Smokey likes this.
    2. Smokey

Smokey Shortie's Teddy Bear <3 Staff Member

The sad truth of bullying is that it'll never fully go away. It's just something that's always going to be around. There's always those who think they're 'clever' or 'better than others' so they bully/pick on others. When in reality it's usually those doing the bullying who are unhappy in some fashion either with themselves or the like, so they take it out on others in the form of bullying.

It really is becoming a problem though, more kids are depressed due to things like bullying and it's really sad to see. :(

Shortie861 likes this.
    3. steel bat

steel bat Chat Addict

I wouldn't worry whether bullies are unhappy or not. If they are inflicting harassments and violence on others then they are criminals and should be punished as such. Perhaps then it might just enter their heads that what they are doing is wrong or at very least deter them.

4. Maddie

Maddie Getting There

I agree with Shortie. I think bullying has gotten worse over the years. I happen to think it will continue to get worse unless it's stopped. There should be an acceptable form of punishment for kids that bully others. Like steel bat said, only then will they understand that it's not okay to bully someone else. If it's like Smokey said and they are just unhappy about something in their own life, then they need to learn that there are other was of dealing with that situation besides taking it out on some other kid and bullying them.

Shortie861 likes this.
    5. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

I agree with SB and Maddie. Nowadays I feel we are so weary of how it may affect children if we punish them that it's not done enough now and in which case they don't tend to learn that what they are doing is wrong. Maybe if they were to bully someone and they were isolated away from people, not able to do the things they enjoy or maybe if the police were involved in some way it may help them to understand that what they are doing really is bad.