1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!

• Dismiss Notice

Cable/Satellite Vs. Streaming

Golddisk Oct 12, 2016

1. Golddisk

Golddisk New Chatter

A lot of people have ditched their cable or satellite TV services and switched completely over to streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, etc. For some people, this option is supposedly quite cheaper, even though there is the downside that sometimes the TV show you want isn't on a streaming service and you can't watch the show right when it is released. Do you have both or just one or the other?

In my house we currently have both, because there are quite a few shows we watch that aren't on the streaming services.

2. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

I used to have Virgin Media for my television but I worked out that by getting all what I want on Now TV which is Entertainment and Sky Sports I am paying less than paying a monthly bill each month with Virgin Media and then getting channels that I don't even watch.

3. empire

empire New Chatter

I always looking into that side of TV steaming however in the UK you pay £150 TV licence each year, that you have to have and then Netflix is more money on that. But it's right that all my shows that I watch aren't on the free to air.

4. steel bat

steel bat Chat Addict

We've got Sky which is expensive enough.
      Our handset seems to becoming dicky with the Stop button not working properly. We have to whizz a recording to the end after watching and then stop it.

5. Entmtone

Entmtone New Chatter

Streaming is the future of TV. I imagine one day it'll resemble an all you can eat buffet of sorts. You can pick and choose whatever you want, and skip over the things you don't. For example, just paying for the content you actually want.

Shortie861 likes this.
    6. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

I agree it seems like they are slowly taking over the whole contracts that you get with Sky and Virgin. I personally would rather pay for what I watch over paying for things I don't watch just to get channels I will watch.

7. Maddie

Maddie Getting There

I still have cable but I'm pretty sure the hubby and I are fixing to go to streaming.

I've never had satellite before.

8. Demon_skeith

Demon_skeith Chataholic

My family still has cable as well, need it for certain things but I'm sure I will be all streaming one day. As soon as you can get live channel feeds that is.