1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!
    • Dismiss Notice

Animals Cat gives birth in tumble dryer

Shortie861 Jun 19, 2012

1. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

A stray cat has given birth in a tumble dryer.

Patrick Ambrose from Erdington, Birmingham had taken in the expecting cat after he found her wandering around in his garden.

He was going to put a load into his dryer when he found the cat in there, snuggled up with her newborn litter.

The cat had made herself comfortable in the warm, dry place and lay with her new family on a towel that had been left in the machine.

Before the birth, Mr Ambrose had set up a cardboard box in his conservatory for the mother to deliver her kittens in, but returned home from work last Tuesday (June 12) to find the new family in his dryer.

Mr Ambrose has decided to name the new kittens after tumble dryer brands, using the names Whirlpool, Bosch, Hotpoint, Zanussi and Beko. He plans to have them rehomed but will continue to look after the mother, who has lived with him for years.

Patrick says of the new arrivals: "I am so glad I have been able to help because they would not have survived if they were left as strays. It's obvious someone previously had the mum as a pet because she had been well looked after. I hope people will take them on."

Digital Spy
      Domestic Goddess likes this.
    2. APS

APS Administrator Staff Member

The mother was just taking her kittens out for a spin :)
      Domestic Goddess likes this.
    3. Domestic Goddess

Domestic Goddess Regular Chatter

Aww, what a cute story!! I hope the kittens get good homes.
    4. Marti

Marti Super Moderator Staff Member

awwww adoreable
    5. Spice

Spice Chat Addict

Aww bless. Hope he finds good homes for them.