1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!

• Dismiss Notice

TV Chris Evans Is To Be New Top Gear Host!

Shortie861 Jun 17, 2015

1. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

It has been announced that Chris Evans will take the place of Jeremy Clarkson and is understood to be meeting up with James May who is considering staying on the show with Chris Evans.

What are your thoughts on Chris Evans becoming the new host of Top Gear? Do you think it will work?

2. steel bat

steel bat Chat Addict

It's inevitable that he's going to get slated something awful - no matter how well or otherwise he does.
      I wouldn't mind betting he's only signed up for one short season.. and after he's taken the stick for not being Jeremy, someone else will step in and be more acceptable.

Shortie861 likes this.
    3. Shortie861

I agree. Looking at how long Jeremy hosted Top Gear for it's going to be big shoes to fill especially with so many die hard fans for the show. Remains to be seen just how well Chris does and if they do accept him or as you say he ends up only doing one show and then leaves and lets someone else take over.

4. APS

APS Administrator Staff Member

Not a show I make a special effort to watch anyway.

5. KyngzIndeyen

KyngzIndeyen Regular Chatter

It is entirely possible that he'll put together a good show about cars. Unfortunately for him, probably half the audience tuned in not to see the car stuff but to see Clarkson, May and Hammond.

Admittedly, I'm among that half - so I'll almost certainly stop watching it. However, I'm well aware that for every person like me, there's another who hates Clarkson and might start watching it now that he's gone.

Shortie861 likes this.
    6. Shortie861

Many of whom I know used to tune in not just because of the cars but because of as you say Clarkson, May and Hammond. I have a feeling that their new show when it finally airs will overtake this one now they have left.

7. KyngzIndeyen

KyngzIndeyen Regular Chatter

Yeah, so do I. There's no way the BBC will be able to continue marketing Top Gear to an international audience.

Of course, they might be able to put together a legitimately good car show (admittedly, I'm not optimistic). However, they need to start by accepting that anyone who tuned in to see Clarkson will be lost, and they shouldn't even try to retain those people. The group that loves Clarkson and the group that hates him are just so different that if they try to attract both groups at once, they'll make a show that nobody really wants and end up attracting neither.

Shortie861 likes this.