1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!
    • Dismiss Notice

Christian Music

ItsZippy Aug 28, 2011

1. ItsZippy

ItsZippy New Chatter

I tend to listen to a lot of Christian music; I'm a Christian and I find that not only is it good music, but it tends to be uplifting. I was wondering if anyone else, Christian or otherwise, listens to Christian music.

Artists I listen to include Matt Redman, Time Hughes, Delerious?, Hilsong, the Soul Survivor live albums and albums from Vineyard Records.
    2. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

I can't say I have listened to Christian music myself, I may have heard some but not realised it was Christian music, may have to take a look at some on youtube and see what I think as I always feel that is you are a music fan it doesn't matter what your religion or beliefs there is no reason why you can't listen :)
    3. IndigenousThinker

IndigenousThinker New Chatter

I have in my time enjoyed a handful of christian musicians. Good music is good music even if I don't agree with the ideas that inspire it.

One thing that always irritated me was the divide between contemporary music and traditional music. I've always wondered if the people who wrote the traditional music knew they were writing good old fashioned traditional music or if they were aware at the time they thought it was contemporary and even popular? With so many things to pull a Christian away from the faith it always seemed odd to me that some people made such a big deal if you use a guitar or a piano to praise Jesus.