1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!
    • Dismiss Notice
    • Dismiss Notice

Christmas Eve Routine

Shortie861 Dec 19, 2011

1. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

What was your Christmas Eve routine when you where younger?

When I was younger me and my brothers always used to place our sacks out for santa by the fireplace and always leave him a minced pie and a glass or whisky. We also used to leave a carrot for his reindeer.

I always remember being very excited on Christmas Eve and when I remember now what I was like it makes me realise how excited my children will be :)
    2. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

I used to do that as well, put out gifts, fake candy canes and other xmassy things for Santa, and then await the morning. And would sometimes sip hot choco.
    3. zararina

zararina Chat Addict

When I was younger until now, my Christmas eve Route was almost the same.
      It was helping preparing the meals and then just at home and waiting for the midnight while watching some shows on TV. I sometimes being able to attend Christmas eve mass or just watch the mass on a TV.
    4. Marc

Marc Crazy Dave FTW!

When I was younger, I used to play with my toys in the living room at night, lol.
      It used to be a tradition, then hoping to wake up on Christmas day to get new, better toys, :)
    5. Smokey

Smokey Shortie's Teddy Bear <3 Staff Member

Used to always go to my aunt and uncle's house up in long island and had the whole family over there. My uncle would dress up like Santa Claus for the younger kids. Haven't done that in years though. Now it's just my family and me at home pretty much every year. We do tend to go out to eat though so that's nice. :)
    6. Demon_skeith

Demon_skeith Chataholic

me and my family spend time together to open presents and then head up to my grandmas to hang with the rest of the family. still do to this day.