1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!

• Dismiss Notice

Chronicles Of Shannara

Maroon Caludin Jan 25, 2016

1. Maroon Caludin

Maroon Caludin Chataholic

So this series has finally started!

For those that don't know its a tv series showing on MTV based on the Shannara series by Terry Brooks. So far its going through "The Elfstones of Shannara" the 2nd book in the series.

Basically takes place in a world called the four lands. In a city of elves the chosen are tasked with caring for the Ellcrys a special tree that creates a seal that seals demons away. Most don't believe in the tale or in magic existing anymore. Amber upon touching the tree is shown visions of the future where demons are loosed. She soon leaves home running away. Meanwhile Wil whose mother has just passed leaves home with some supposed elfstones his mother gave him that had belonged to his father. The druid Allanon who just awoke from a druid sleep (basically a magical sleep) finds Wil and goes to the elf city declaring the Ellcrys is dying and needs to be saved or the world is doomed. It is soon discovered that only one of the chosen can save it. That's basically it.

So far it seems pretty good. The characters seem to be depicted well. Though I believe a bit was changed so far. Mind you its been a few years since I read the book. I'll have to re-read it. I'm hoping this series does well!

2. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

This is something I haven't hear of but it does sound interesting :)

I always find that anything that is taken from a book and moved to a show or movie is usually changed in some way so it could have been that it has been that there are some changes but reading through the books again may help :) I know I had to do that with the Harry Potter books after watching the movies :)

3. Maroon Caludin

Maroon Caludin Chataholic

Yeah, usually they either have to cut stuff due to time or to make stuff work better for a movie or show. Some stuff here and there from what I recall, but nothing major that makes you go "WHY'D THEY DO THAT?!" XD

Shortie861 likes this.