1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!

• Dismiss Notice

TV Clarkson Dropped From Top Gear

APS Mar 25, 2015

1. APS

APS Administrator Staff Member

Jeremy Clarkson's contract will not be renewed after a physical altercation with a producer, the BBC's director general Tony Hall has said.

Lord Hall said he had "not taken this decision lightly" and recognised it would "divide opinion".

BBC

2. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

Had a funny feeling this may happen after so many problems in the past he was kind of hanging on to that job. I can imagine there is going to be a lot of people who disagree as well as those who agree, lets just hope it doesn't cause any big problems.

3. APS

APS Administrator Staff Member

If the Stig ever goes I'll put my name forward :D

Shortie861 likes this.
    4. steel bat

steel bat Chat Addict

Not that I'm a fan but I don't mind Clarkson and will watch Top Gear if that's what's on -
      - but in almost any workplace anywhere, you can't go about thumping people and expect to keep your job !

Shortie861 likes this.
    5. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

I agree SB. If I read rightly earlier I understand he could be facing a police investigation as well for the altercation which I feel is only right.

6. Black Angel

Black Angel New Chatter

Even though he is a racist, sexist knob, I do admit to being a huge fan of Top Gear UK and Jeremy Clarkson. Actually, I love all 3 of those guys and it is their interaction together as well as the cool cars and locations and hilarious challenges that have made the series enjoyable to watch.

Yes we have American Top Gear and quite frankly, I'd rather watch Game of Thrones and read each book in the 50 Shades series back to back than to watch it, but I do appreciate the fact that Clarkson apologized and tried to make it right even if he was initially wrong for what he'd done. I hope that they'll reconsider after heads have cooled off or that Clarkson, May and Hamilton will come to the American Top Gear and Show them everything that is wrong about the show.

I know he has had his share of controversies but I wonder if firing him was the right thing to do when the BBC has covered up worse things or so, as it was implied.