1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!
    • Dismiss Notice

Computer Scientists Develop Game That Teaches How To Program In Java

fantanoice Jul 31, 2013

1. fantanoice

fantanoice New Chatter

2. Demon_skeith

Demon_skeith Chataholic

that's awesome, I'll have to check it out as I could benefit from this.
    3. HAL WARD

HAL WARD Getting There

If you would like to learn game making don't waste a lot of time learning java, you can learn plenty just utilizing the scripting elements of java and all the game engines that are free to use allow some scripting with java. The fun stuff is here................and to make games now days you use tools, you don't need to invent the wheel again.
      http://crydev.net/dm_eds/download_detail.php?id=4.................this is offline temporarily due to a security breach and they will be back on line soon as they get it secure again, all members have to change our passwords to log on now.

But seriously if you want to learn game making these are all 5 star game engines and you cannot find as much information for becoming a game maker if you were enrolled in a media college, there are instructions on every aspect of game making and even thousands of code examples in java, c#,C++,lua and others.... these are free to everyone now and they do have licensing available for people that actually want to publish games. Myself I find it fascinating to have so much available for free, a couple years ago that UDK engine cost about 1 million to publish anything. Then someone had a wonderful idea and thought how great it would be to increase the world wide knowledge base and open the doors for thousands of potential game makers , and the rest is history. I think Unity and UDK are the best but then that CRY eng also falls into that 5 star category but it takes a little more to use it's editor and you must be on line to use the CRY eng. Torque is very good and been around since Moses but unfortunately has had many different owners and marketing changes, now it's open source. I don't believe it has the constant improvements and updates like you will find with the other three, it is a good engine to learn and with the source code you have complete control if you're good in C++.
      Unity for the win......it allows scripting in java and you will find thousands of lines of free code for anything you can imagine. If you try one of these engines you will have little time to learn coding, but enough time to have a game object do what you want.
    4. DarthApple

DarthApple New Chatter

This is very interesting. I haven't had the time to really learn new programming languages lately, and Java was one of the few programming languages I attempted to learn and never got the hang of. I'll have to check it out sometime.

Thanks for sharing.