1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!

• Dismiss Notice
    • Dismiss Notice

Could these natural disasters mean something?

Shortie861 Aug 26, 2011

1. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

So, with all these natural disasters that have occured alot more frequently over the last few years from earthquakes to tsunami's, tornadoes and hurricanes do you feel this could mean something?

Over the last few years we have seen some really bad weather and bad natural disasters occuring on a regular basis and many people are wondering now if this could be the start of what many claim will happen in 2012 which is the end of the world?

Do you believe that these natural disasters could be the start of the end of the world?

2. steel bat

steel bat Chat Addict

It obviously matters to those people who suffer the effects of such events, but for the overall picture I dont think its that big a deal.
      I don't think there's any denying that the climate is warming and IMO all that's happening is that many of the tropical storms that have always occurred are now, with the warmer climate, drifting into the more populous temperate zones, which is exactly what hurricane Irene seems to be doing.

3. ItsZippy

ItsZippy New Chatter

In some cases, it could be a sign that we're messing up our planet. Climate change is real and actually affects people - things like Hurricane Irene are evidence of this. However, a lot of these natural disasters are just that - natural. They have always happened and always will; it is just unfortunate when we see such disaster inflicted upon people.

4. Shortie861

Looking at it now after Hurricane Irene which is still pushing her way through the US when you think about it yes alot of these disasters have been occuring almost all the time but because of where they have been occuring we haven't paid as much notice as what we have now with the Tsunami in Japan in March, the Earthquake and the Hurricane in the US and also an Earthquake we had 3 years ago.

In my opinion it could just be that because it is closer and we are hearing alot more about the disasters we are noticing them more and because of what has been said about 2012 it is instant to think about that when noticing more natural disasters.

5. steel bat

steel bat Chat Addict

Wasn't there also a load of guff said about Y2K?

If we all based our lives on whatever rubbish eminates from the rumour-mill none of us would bother getting out of bed in the morning!

6. Shortie861

It sure was SB :) I remember that and then here we still are 11 years later.

7. steel bat

steel bat Chat Addict

Not to say that it wouldn't be prudent to take measures against those events that are likely to happen at some time or another.
      A for instance being flood defenses in coastal towns which may be affected by rising sea levels.

8. artistry

artistry New Chatter

...Basically I think it means that the earth is going through changes. I think that there will continue to be many different weather related problems which will occur for a long period of time. There are things going on, that I don't really think are preventable, based on the history of the planet. We are where we ae, someone said, we have a ten year window, to do something about the changes that have started. I don't think so, just an opinion,. But I think we are going to have to deal with what is going to occur. I don't think 2012 will be the end of the world either. there is going to be much worse stuff that will go on, prior to the end of the world. From sonething I read,It will be destroyed by fire anyway. Just a thought.

9. zararina

zararina Chat Addict

We could really feel here the changes of weather getting worse just like the two consecutive storms that had hit our country last time. I will not say that it was a sign of the end of the world but rather a sign that our environment is being abused and destroyed a lot.

10. RJH

RJH Getting There

No, the earth is a hostile place the fact is because of communication now these incidents are more well known, not more common.