1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!

• Dismiss Notice

Crystal Maze Is Making A Comeback!

Shortie861 Jun 15, 2015

1. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

You read correct! Crystal Maze will be making a come back as a live theatrical experience in London along with host Richard O'Brien 25 years after it first aired on channel 4.

I remember watching this TV show when I was a kid and still now on the odd occasion watch the re-run's on Challenge TV and my eldest son also loves this TV show.

What are your thoughts on it making a comeback?

2. KyngzIndeyen

KyngzIndeyen Regular Chatter

I enjoyed it too as a kid (though I must have only been 4 or 5 years old when it stopped :p ).

I'm glad to see it's living on - but, actually, I'm also glad it isn't a revival of the TV show. If it were to be revived, people who didn't watch the original show wouldn't get any of the nostalgia behind its revival, whereas many people who did watch it would be too blinded by their nostalgia to be able to judge the new show on its own merits. Regardless of its actual quality, it would be criticised simply for not being the original.

However, I am all for them trying new things like this - and giving fans of the old show a chance to relive their memories of it without spoiling the legacy :D !

Shortie861 likes this.