1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!
    • Dismiss Notice

Did The Brexit Vote Mean Anything?

Shortie861 Jun 26, 2016

1. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

Vote leave was confirmed on Friday morning after a huge vote as to whether we should stay or leave the EU. Since then everything has been up in the air with the need of us to invoke the article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty. This can not be done by the European Parliament. So far nothing seems to be getting closer to us invoking article 50 leading me to think maybe they are holding of for some other way around the leave vote.

What are your thoughts?
      verax5 likes this.
    2. APS

APS Administrator Staff Member

I think we will leave but not in a panic.We'll do it at our own pace not theirs.
    3. steel bat

steel bat Chat Addict

I'm hoping that once the initial turmoil dies down there'll be a smooth exit.
      The danger is that the majority of MP's in Parliament are pro EU and might yet attempt to de-rail the process.
    4. verax5

verax5 New Chatter

Well not exactly sure but one thing I know is that everyone who supported exit is now quiet.. lets see what teresa may has for future she never seem to give straight forward answers..

Also yall saw pounds value?
    5. steel bat

steel bat Chat Addict

Hello and welcome verax5 :)

The falling value of the pound does give some cause for concern but it also brings some advantage.
      While the cost of imported products will cause some increased prices in the shops, the low pound does make British goods and services cheaper to export helping to secure jobs here.

But when one one considers that we wont even be leaving the EU for at least 2 years, and the otherwise strong position of our economy, there is no justification for such a decline in the pound.
      It is my opinion that fluctuations are more due to parasitic international money brokers rigging the market to make profits rather than anything fundamental about Brexit.