1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!
    • Dismiss Notice

Do you hand out candy for Halloween?

Shortie861 Oct 8, 2016

1. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

Halloween is a time for kids of all ages to dress up and go out trick or treating. Some people will get in the spirit and answer their doors and hand out candy but others will not.

Are you someone who likes to hand out candy?

I myself am not overly keen on answering the door after dark to anyone due to some kids being overly aggressive on Halloween so I tend to buy for my kids and leave it at that.
    2. TiggyDoolittle

TiggyDoolittle Resident Weirdo

We do yes. But its not same now get hardly any kids at the door the past few years. KIds are boring lol
      Shortie861 likes this.
    3. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

It is a little the same around where I live but a lot of the reason is because the kids just avoid wanting to go out because of trouble causers which is a shame :( I always go with my kids and if there is any trouble we can bring them home safely.
    4. Maddie

Maddie Quiet Chatter

Yeah, we use to be we haven't in the last year or two. When we first moved into the neighborhood that we live in, kids from the neighborhood would always stop at our house for candy so we always had some every year. But slowly, the kids stopped coming by. I think kids have quit going out trick or treating because of trouble makers and weirdos that may be lurking out there. I think what they're doing now is having Halloween parties at friends houses and stuff where they know they will be safe.
    5. Golddisk

Golddisk New Chatter

My neighborhood has always been a safe area for trick or treating. We're not on a main road, so traffic is relatively slow and a lot of people know each other on our block.

Back when I was younger, and used to trick or treat myself there was always a ton of kids around. Recently, however, the numbers have dropped off. I have heard recently that some people take their kids to other neighborhoods more often where the people give out bigger candy bards - like the full sized Hershey bars. Maybe that is part of the reason but I wonder if it is that some kids just don't even go out at all anymore. Overall a lot less kids seem to be doing outdoor activities.
    6. SolarFlare

SolarFlare New Chatter

Where we are is really busy so I normally spend the evening at the door :p I take part in the halloween spirit, I remember how much I enjoyed it when I was younger :)