1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!

• Dismiss Notice

Webmaster Do you use SEO on your forum?

Beverly Oct 20, 2011

1. Beverly

Beverly Getting There

I use some SEO or search engine optimization on my forum but try to keep it very organic and don't push the issue. Most times, i just fix my meta tags and include keywords into forum post titles and then link back from do follow forums and high traffic blogs. That's about all i do for now but it seems to work to get me some internet traffic and also page rank.
      What do you do for SEO on your forum?

2. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

I try to do some SEO for Chat Addicts but as you most of what I do is keeping keywords up to date, having a good description in the meta and also having backlinks from forums I post on and other sites in which I affiliate with. We are currently a PR1 and are doing well so I feel at the moment what I am doing for SEO is working well :)

3. Beverly

Beverly Getting There

And, you have MANY members posting daily. That's really amazing. I don't know how you get so many people to your forum. Would love to pick your brain for ideas on how to get more new members. I have asked friends to come by and post and that works occasionally. Also, i have done post swaps/member swaps and sometimes that results in real members for both forums involved. And, that's the ideal situation.

I post on other forums and leave a signature link but right now my forum is going through a lull.

My SEO is not helping that. LOL!

I guess it's off topic maybe i should start another thread about that. Anyway, woudl love to hear your techniques for getting new active members posting, not just joining and lurking.

4. Smokey

Smokey Shortie's Teddy Bear <3 Staff Member

Yes I use SEO for my forums. It seems to be working quite well as we seem to be getting a ton of guests viewing the site and not just crawlers either. :) I assume once we launch our new skin and main homepage it'll improve even further. :)

5. Beverly

Beverly Getting There

You'd be surprised how much these simple changes like addition of a home page or even a simple theme change can help improve the search engine rankings. Maybe it's not directly related but if the people enjoy the site more, they will visit more, send the link to friends and link back more and that doesn't hurt.

6. Shortie861

I do agree, sometimes the amount of new posts and such can help a great deal but changing for say holiday's like Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas can give your forum a boost when guests see it.

Also having a fun looking forum with great members and plenty of posts coming in, other members will feel more like sharing with their friends to share that fun :)

7. Ikram45

Ikram45 Getting There

I don't use any type of SEO. Though, I would really like to know whether if it really works or not :)

8. Shortie861

It sure does help a great deal if you only make slight changes to help SEO :) it can also help you in search engine rankings aswell which can help your forum out a great deal :)