1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!

• Dismiss Notice

Does Anyone Use Spotify

HAL WARD Jul 5, 2013

1. HAL WARD

HAL WARD Getting There

Anyone here use Spotify, the PC version is completely free, the mobile is about 9 US. The library is just about unlimited, player is just super nice and not a resource hog. You can share your playlist with others.

2. Grungie

Grungie Raging Alcoholic

Spotify is free for iPhone and Android users.

3. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

I use Spotify myself usually on the computer but I also have it on my phone and tablet as well. It's free to download the app but if you want an ad free experience when listening to music they ask you to upgrade to Spotify premium which I know is a big pricey.

4. HAL WARD

HAL WARD Getting There

The add-free version in the US for desktop is 5 dollars, I don't really find it necessary to pay that, just a couple seconds of audio advertising is fine with me.

5. Warren

Warren Quiet Chatter

I had it but not sure how it exactly works, is it like iTunes or is it more like Winamp's Shoutcast where it's Radio/Music 24/7?

HAL WARD likes this.
    6. HAL WARD

HAL WARD Getting There

I don't purchase just listen to the older stuff, anything past the 80's and it's not for me, but the free version for a PC works great and you get a little short audio advertising with a little graphics and it comes about every 20 or 30 minutes, very reasonable to be able to find so many good albums and singles, they have everything you can imagine, you just type the artist or song in the search and it will show everything they have in the library. Beyond that I can't say cause I don't do mobile, but I understand it is 9 bucks US. The player app is first class and nothing but high quality. I love it

7. Warren

Warren Quiet Chatter

Can you get songs in different languages too?

8. HAL WARD

HAL WARD Getting There

I can't answer but a quick check with spotify community can give you info, they have a very big market now so I would think there are recordings in certain languages, they want to profit from the entire internet and mobile not just English speaking locations.

9. Warren

Warren Quiet Chatter

So it's a possibility, so far Winamp has a similar setup, which I knew way before Spotify. called Shoutcast they are worldwide. However I don't know if there is a MAC Version though, will check that out shortly.

HAL WARD likes this.
    10. HAL WARD

HAL WARD Getting There

I'm pretty familiar with shoutcast and had my own station 5 years ago, spotify is completely different than those two. It is very clean and uncluttered and don't eat up all your resources, they stream in their own format and their player decodes, I suspect this is one reason it is so easy on the system. You can always try the free PC version and just type in the search area any music titles you want that are in a non english language and just see if it shows up. You can always remove or uninstall the player if unhappy or it don't do what you like.