1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!

• Dismiss Notice

E Book Readers

Frog Jamas Jul 12, 2011

1. Frog Jamas

Frog Jamas Chat Addict

I have a Kindle (the bigger one but not the newer version) from Amazon.com. I totally recommend it for reading, it's easy to hold and can store lots of books on it.

Some people say they like holding a book in their hands but I'm used to the Kindle too, a couple times I caught myself reaching for the corner like I was going to turn the page.

The bad part is you can't give a book away after you read it, also I don't recommend reading it if you're nodding off cuz you don't want to drop it!

2. Ros

Ros New Chatter

I have the newer Kindle and I love it. I wasn't sure I would, because I love books, but you're right that is much easier to hold and to manage a library. I think my favorite part is being able to switch around books without carrying that many around.

I do like holding books, and I still take them to the pool because I don't want the Kindle to be stolen, but I'm loving the Kindle.

3. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

I have heard so many people go on about the Kindle from amazon and so many have suggested it for reading but I have not yet tried one for myself. I can imagine it being hard to get used to when you first use it to read book but it must be so much easier.

4. APS

APS Administrator Staff Member

I'm afraid I am one of those people who just cannot sit and read.

5. moneymakingmom

moneymakingmom New Chatter

I use Kindle on my computer as I don't yet have a Kindle reader and don't think I will ever buy one. I loathe getting off my computer and a Kindle would just be reason for me not to be on my computer. Don't want to go in that direction. Too costly anyway.

6. Rondo

Rondo Chat Addict

My cousins say that the Kindle is way better than reading an actual book. I usually just read normal books, but I sometimes read iBooks on the iPad. It hurts your eyes after a while, but iBooks is still really awesome.

7. fiona1964

fiona1964 Chataholic

I will stick to real books as I like to red in bed as it helps me sleep

8. roxfan003

roxfan003 Shy Chatter

I use the Kindle app on my phone but don't have an actual Kindle. It is nice to be able to take your books everywhere you go, especially with the app on your phone since you are already carrying that around. I don't have a good selection of books on it though simply because I can't afford to buy any books.