1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!

• Dismiss Notice

Ear Piercings

Shortie861 Jul 26, 2011

1. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

Taking my daughter tomorrow to get her ears pierced. She has been going on about having them done for a while as her friends have them done however I asked her to wait until the school summer holiday's and then I would take her to get them done so she had plenty of time for them to heal.

Have you got your ears pierced? Do you remember having them done?

I myself have my ears pierced when I was 2. I don't really remember having them done to be honest I only remember what my mum told me and that was that I pleaded with her to have them done and when I had them done I cried and said "Thank you mummy" :)

2. APS

APS Administrator Staff Member

Nothing about me is pierced :)

3. BeautifulAngel

BeautifulAngel Quiet Chatter

I got my bottom of my ears done when I was about 13, I'm allergic to the fake metal so I had to take them out. I really liked them and now I have the industrial piercing and I really love it! It looks nice and it's really cool but it hurts pretty bad when you get it done and about a month after that.

4. wjack2010

wjack2010 Chat Addict

I don't like piercings and at all and never would want to be pierced.

5. Cecil15

Cecil15 I am Me...

When I was young, I had the typical piercing at the bottom of my ears. When I became a teenager, I added three pairs of piercing and I did it all by myself. It really hurt then specially when it was pressed against the bed. And it became inflamed so I eventually took the earrings off and now the piercings have closed.

6. fiona1964

fiona1964 Chataholic

I got mine done when I was 7 after nagging my mum
      My daughter was younger though and she said it did not hurt

7. zararina

zararina Chat Addict

I also do not remember when my ears are pierced since it was done when i was 2 or 3 years old as per stories from them. I am not wearing earrings daily since i find it not necessary. I just wear earrings sometimes if there is an occasion like being a bride's maid. ;)

8. sdavis2702

sdavis2702 Guest

I got my ear pierced when I was 8 years old. Back then, it was kind of the cool thing for young guys to do in America. It had to be the left ear and only one ear... those were the unwritten rules lol. I was in the 3rd grade. Kris Kross was a hot young rap group out that had a hit single called "Jump" and the kids just loved it. Kris Kross was no older than 15 at the time. My brother and I wanted to be just like them! So, we got our ears pierced.

9. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

yes of course, please be careful with ear piercing, you might get infected. I got them pierced for my prom.

10. simplymama

simplymama New Chatter

I had mine pierced when I was 8. My mom originally was going to make me wait until I was 13, but somehow my dad and I convinced her to let me get them done then. I made myself so nervous that I got dizzy and sick to my stomach afterwards! So needless to say I was afraid that my daughter would have the same reaction when I brought her to get hers done.

The first time we went, she cried so much that the lady wouldn't pierce them. About 2 weeks later, she said she wanted to try again, so I hesitantly brought her in...and she did wonderfully. There were a few tears but she was a trooper.

11. Shortie861

I was quite surprised with my daughter when she had them done, not a tear and she is really happy with them :) unfortunately is over excited about changing to more colourful ones rather than the gold ones they use however she has to wait a little longer yet :)

12. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

she didn't get her ears infected and red like my cousin did?

13. Shortie861

Her ears did get infected and red yes :) I found that taking them out and soaking her ears in warm salt water helped before putting her ear rings back in. She has had them done now for 6 months and they seem to be fine now and she loves wearing her colourful ones :)

14. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

thats a good desinfectant, albeit I use the antiseptic myself as a solution for my ears, to get them not red.

15. Demon_skeith

Demon_skeith Chataholic

nope, I'm not one for pain and I don't need something hanging from my ear.

16. Shortie861

I would have done myself but I was informed by the place that pierced them to not use any kind of antiseptic for now and just to try the salt water solution to see if that would work and only use antiseptic solution at a last resort, luckily it did and I didn't have to go to antiseptic liquid or cream :)

17. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

might try it then. the salt and water solution. XDD