1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!
    • Dismiss Notice

Recipes Easy Iced Coffee

Domestic Goddess Sep 9, 2012

1. Domestic Goddess

Domestic Goddess Regular Chatter

The recipe for this iced coffee was originally posted by Christy Grigor at allrecipes, but I tweaked the recipe to suit my taste. It only takes a few minutes to make, so if I'm in the mood for an iced coffee in a moments notice, this is the one I always make.
      Easy Iced Coffee
      2-1/2 teaspoons instant coffee
      4-1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
      3 tablespoons 'hot' water (*See note)
      3/4 cup milk (I use 2% milk)
      1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
      ice cubes (Preferably large ice cubes)
      For this recipe you will need a large size glass jar with a tight fitting lid. (I use an 8-ounce glass jar that the instant coffee came in. It is equivalent to holding 3 cups of liquid.)
      Place the instant coffee and sugar in a glass jar.
      Add the 'hot' water to the jar, place lid on jar, and seal jar tight. Shake the jar vigorously for about 15-20 seconds.
      Remove lid from the jar, add the milk, and vanilla, if using, and then swirl the jar around for a bit.
      Add the coffee to a tall beverage glass which has been filled with ice, and enjoy your iced coffee.
      *Note: When adding the 'hot' water, I heat the water in a small saucepan ontop the stove. One more thing, I prefer to use ice cubes that are large in size, as they don't dilute the ice coffee as quickly as the smaller cubes do.
    2. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

thanx for this recipe, I'd try it out once...
    3. Spice

Spice Chat Addict

I love iced coffee so thanks.
    4. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

Me as well man...
    5. Pat

Pat Chat Addict

Not for me
    6. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

thats a shame or a pity eh?