1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!

• Dismiss Notice
    1. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

So yeah, Egypt? What do you make of it? What is it? & What should it be? Dictatorship or democracy, which is better? None for me.

2. Demon_skeith

Demon_skeith Chataholic

It's just a country of chaos, won't be long till it collapses and is adsorb by the neighboring nations.

3. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

Yeah, & USA will naturally say, and, as always: democracy=best solution, so let's free the Egyptian people from tyranny & leave them in chaos & disorder!

4. HAL WARD

HAL WARD Getting There

I don't think we freed anyone, wasn't it the brotherhood that ousted Mubarak or both sides, how quickly things change in mid east affairs. What do you suggest, that they live in the stone ages forever, this is what is wrong now, they are behind the rest of the world by a thousand or so years. I'm sure I speak for most Americans, we don't care what they do and would really just as soon close our embassy and let them do what ever it is they do. We can use that money we send each year here at home. They elect their own leaders, not America, that should be pretty obvious after Mubarak was ousted. There was a time the Suez canal was used as leverage by their past leaders, it is a good source of income for Egypt so it would not be in their best interest to damage or close it purely for political reasons. They have their own future in their hands so we'll see what happens.

5. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

let them progress by themselves or on their own, if the people want to change. & tech led us to nuclear wars, so yeah, stone age is better for human nature for me.

6. HAL WARD

HAL WARD Getting There

Poor leaders lead to wars, all wars are started by a leadership not the masses or invention, weapons are just a tool. The Japanese brutalized everyone they came into contact with, they had no code of conduct and still were living the feudal code, the reason they were nuked is because they cowardly attacked us and murdered 100's of thousands of all nationalities, they got what they deserved at that particular time in history and it also saved the lives of our forces had we needed to invade the homeland. I would say the leadership of my country has been pretty good not turning to a nuclear answer in past conflicts knowing it was not a good thing. It was asked for by Douglas MacArthur when the Chinese entered the Korean conflict and turned down, once again in the French Indochina war the French begged Eisenhower to intervene using the Nuclear weapon and once again it was refused, we know the outcome of that. There was a purpose involved to nuke Japan and payback was the promise that we made after they attacked us. But I think Egypt will come thru this in the end and stabilize once again, after all that other party the brotherhood is vowed to destroy all westerners and quite frankly they are my enemy, I say good riddance to them. As long as they stay there on their own turf I care less about them, when they continue to come here and murder innocent people and children I have no sympathy for them at all. The only thing they can do is murder each other and women and children, on a battlefield they simply die well. A better word is fanaticism for them, you don't converse or talk with people like that you destroy them, and I promise you if they ever do enough harm to this country or the citizens they will be thinned out in short order, we don't mind people hating us for no reason, we're used to it, but we do maintain the right to defend ourselves and we will.

7. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

So do US citizens murder people & rape women & commit infanticides?

8. HAL WARD

HAL WARD Getting There

I'm sorry I don't understand the context of that question, if you're asking are there people here that do that , yes as in any other country we have bad citizens, but the question does not represent the USA as a whole or a country.

9. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

I'm just saying you're unfair to Egyptian who come here, either in the US or Canada, to live.

10. HAL WARD

HAL WARD Getting There

Egyptians have pretty good standing here in the USA, they have been immigrating here for decades and become part of America, the key to becoming an American is to want to be an American. Now we can't say that about Mexicans because they do not want to be an American, they only want the benefits and wealth that comes with it. They refuse to live like Americans and have plastered every corner of our cities with signs in Spanish, not hard to accept if it is on a small scale and in an area that is mostly Hispanic, but it's not like that at all, they flaunt and taunt us and actually protest in our streets. They have completely ruined their own country and we're pretty fed up with them, these politicians are going to find out how much we're fed up come mid term elections. But no we don't discriminate against Egyptians at all, most that are here have changed to western religions. We have a very large Indian population and they too are welcome here and always have been. We just get up and go to work everyday like everyone else in the world, we have little time to hate people until they start killing us.

11. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

Oh yeah, much like the French here & the Tibetans/Mongols (by Americans' support) in China or the Scots/Irish in the UK. No one else can read those signs but themselves, making tourism difficult for Chinese in such areas.

12. HAL WARD

HAL WARD Getting There

I don't know much about French culture in Canada, strange since my Father's family was from Canada. I did read a little how they were very strict in keeping their language and culture pure.

Not related, but do you like photography, I am a member of a sight that is nothing but people who photograph old buildings and strange things. Like old sanatoriums and hospitals and just anything you can imagine. They usually have to sneak in to take the photos but some places are just out in the middle of nowhere. There are some fascinating photos from all over the world, not new subject matter only things that have been abandoned and are just slowly going back to the earth. If you like that sort of stuff let me know and I'll give ya the URL so you can look at the nice photos, there are thousands and they keep posting everyday. Looks like a very fun hobby. One Russian actually got access to a storage building that has nothing but space vehicles and things that they put into orbit and then just packed them away when they came back to earth, just really weird content like that.

13. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

Oh okay mmm... I think nothing of it?

14. HAL WARD

HAL WARD Getting There

http://www.uer.ca/
      I think you can just tick the forum tab and go down two lines and it says photographs, you should be able to view them without joining the site, you can't post replies or comments unless you sign up, and there is a 72 hour wait until turned on, but like I say you can view the photos just visiting. Really some nice photos you will never see anywhere else