1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!

• Dismiss Notice

Execution In Ohio Took 15 Minutes.

Shortie861 Jan 16, 2014

1. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

I know there is a saying that I have heard which is "I hope you die a slow and painful death" but I think this is taking it a bit too far.

An execution which happened in Ohio with a previously unused combination of drugs was said to have taken 15 minutes to kill Dennis McGuire an Ohio killer. It was said he appeared to gasp several.

http://news.sky.com/story/1196057/ohio-execution-took-15-minutes-with-new-drugs

MsPJ likes this.
    2. HAL WARD

HAL WARD Getting There

Russia still has the quickest solution, a bullet between the eyes. They actually have a small narrow cell with an open area that allows a persons head not to be obstructed by bars. The person is hooded and simply shot like a animal was in old packing houses. The Chinese dress everyone up in a nice clean pretty uniform and tie their hands behind their backs and shoot them in the back of their heads. In the case of the Russia way of doing things their courts set no predefined date of execution and on death row every time they hear those large arched doors open those people on death row don't know if it is the last time they will hear that door open. I don't have any compassion for the guy they just executed but it isn't the first time injection execution has had problems. We can't feed all these people and house them forever, that's pretty hideous the way he killed this woman and child. Crime and murder is a business in our country, the lawyers and judges feed off of it as a job, without keeping these people around forever and dragging an execution on for decades would cause less jobs. It's really a terrible thing when you know with out any doubt someone is guilty of murder and yet you allow them to hang around for ever on appeals and wasting our money. Others that are questionable is fine, the system has been abused now for so long it's a way of life for the system.

Shortie861 and MsPJ like this.
    3. TiggyDoolittle

TiggyDoolittle Resident Weirdo

Not slow enough if you ask me. Bas**rd deserved to suffer.

Shortie861 likes this.