1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!
    • Dismiss Notice

F1 Driver Jules Bianchi Dies From Injuries

KyngzIndeyen Jul 20, 2015

1. KyngzIndeyen

KyngzIndeyen Getting There

French Formula 1 driver Jules Bianchi has died, nine months after suffering severe head injuries in a crash at the 2014 Japanese Grand Prix.

Bianchi, 25, had been in a coma since crashing his Marussia into a recovery vehicle at October's rain-hit race.

His family said: "Jules fought right to the very end, as he always did, but today his battle came to an end."

The Marussia team, now known as Manor, said Bianchi had left an "indelible mark on all our lives".

He is the first F1 driver to die from injuries sustained in a grand prix since Brazilian triple world champion Ayrton Senna was killed at the San Marino Grand Prix in Imola in 1994.

As someone who has been following the sport for the past 18 years, I find this to be utterly tragic :'( . Bianchi had such a bright future; I was looking forward to seeing him driver for Ferrari one day. My condolences to his friends, family and colleagues.