1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!
    • Dismiss Notice

Facebook Phone Verification Help

3DWaffle1 Jul 8, 2013

1. 3DWaffle1

3DWaffle1 New Chatter

I never use my real name on Facebook. Do you know a way to get free sms?

It looks like your account might not be real. Facebook is a community where people share and interact using their real identities.
      Facebook does not allow accounts that:
      Pretend to be someone else
      Use a fake name
      Don't represent a real person

In order to regain access to your account, please complete the following security check to verify your identity and help keep Facebook secure.
    2. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

This is the first time I have seen this however I always use my full name on Facebook so could be why. Have you tried going through all the security questions it gives you if it gives you any?
    3. APS

APS Administrator Staff Member

What is "The following security check" ?
      Something just doesn't ring right about it.
    4. HAL WARD

HAL WARD Getting There

There are lots of free sms services on Google search, my eye sight is so poor I can't text anyway so I have never used texting. The only time I get security warnings from facebook is when I sign in from another IP, it's the IP that triggers the alert not the name. With over 2/3 of the world now on facebook I suspect there is little name tracking taking place, you simply couldn't hire enough humans to manage it. That's exactly why it takes forever to have an issue resolved after you are lucky enough to reach a human.
    5. Kaynil

Kaynil Quiet Chatter

Geeze... I have my pseudonym Kaynil as my name and didn't have this ever. I've had to use the sms but as far as I remember that is not the only way.