1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!

• Dismiss Notice

Social Networking Facebook V/S Google +

Nissapower Aug 22, 2011

1. Nissapower

Nissapower Shy Chatter

Alright guys, so the battle begins.

I my opinion Google + can overtake Facebook. It will take some time though because of the size of its rival competitor.

Do you think that Google + will overtake Facebook in the years to come or Facebook will remain the leading social network?

2. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

I feel that if Google+ keeps going in the direction it is going in now it will become alot more popular than Facebook, there is so much more that Google+ has to offer that Facebook never has done that so many are pleased about which already makes it people's preferred.

3. APS

APS Administrator Staff Member

Not convinced it will surpass Facebook but I personally prefer a lot of what it has to offer.

4. ItsZippy

ItsZippy New Chatter

I can see Google+ overtaking Facebook. Facebook has always been a bit of a walled city - it does not allow any crossover with other parts of the internet. To use any of Facebook's features, you need to have signed up to Facebook. Google+ has the advantage that many people already use Google Mail. It is used across the internet, and I think Google+ can take advantage of that.

5. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

Agree with you there Zippy :) with Google having things such as

Gmail
      Google Webmaster Tools
      Google Search
      Youtube
      Google+

and having them all linked to one account it is alot more convinient which yes I do agree will have a big advantage over Facebook, Facebook have now given members their own email address and such which can be used to recieve emails in your inbox but it's just not as good as having Gmail which has alot more functions than Facebook not to mention the amount of times Facebook changes settings and does not inform their members and it has to be status updates from friends that informs you.