1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!
    • Dismiss Notice

Food & Drink Fish

Naiwen Apr 28, 2012

1. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

So fish, who loves it? I do, either fried, boiled, grilled, roasted or baked or etc. I love my fish in a burger or anything. I also love my fish with some sauce on the side: cranberry/raspberry and other fruity ones or even the peanut butter sauce... XDD With some spices sprinkled on it too.
    2. Dirty Harold

Dirty Harold Bringin' Secsy Back

I love smoked salmon with lemon juice squeezed on it. I find it rather sweet and very tender.
    3. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

Me too, I love it in my bagels, my sandwiches and even on a toast as a spread.
    4. Domestic Goddess

Domestic Goddess Regular Chatter

I can't imagine anyone not loving fish! I've never had salmon (lox )and bagels, but I bet that is good!!

The past few years hubby was lucky enough to go fishing in Canada. Boy does Canada have some of "the best" fish ever!! Love the fish he brought home, and loved it even more when he fried it instead of me.

During Lent we usually buy Alaskan Pollock Fillets, and either season them with flour, then add them to an egg wash, and lastly dip them in seasoned bread crumbs. Some times I'll dip them in a beer batter, but always deep fry them. I love the smell of fish when they're deep fried. This year during Lent, non of the stores had a good sale on the pollock fillets, so we ended up buying fish sandwiches at either McDonalds or at Arby's.

I don't cook salmon, but enjoy it. Once to my surprise, by an experiment, my hubby marinated some fresh salmon, then cooked it on the grill. Oh baby, was that ever good!!

Our dd Jen smokes various kinds of fish, which she gets from my brother-in-law, and then shares it w/us. Recently she smoked 3 kinds... honey flavored, maple syrup, and brown sugar. While all are good... my favorite was the honey flavored. I could easily live on that!!

For the past 3 meals, we had been eating fried smelt. Hubby went to a smelt fry, and the guys who were cooking the smelt, ended up giving my husband and his friend 2 large styrofoam containers of the fish. The friend gave my hubby his fish, since his wife doesn't like smelt. I was so happy when I saw all that fish! It was good reheated (toasted) in our toaster oven, and hubby said it tasted even better than when served at the American Legion.
      Shortie861 likes this.
    5. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

I love fish myself :) much prefer it fresh and steamed to be honest and I also really like smoked haddock or salmon :)

I can eat battered fish but not as keen on it as I am fresh unbattered :)
    6. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

MY goodness, you must sample some Portuguese steamed fish, they use fish fresh from the seas and etc. They steam it, or grill it, delicious to boot.