1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!

• Dismiss Notice

Food & Drink Food Allergies

Ros Jul 12, 2011

1. Ros

Ros New Chatter

Anyone here have any food allergies? I'm gluten intolerant (maybe celiac) and I'm allergic to corn. Makes it hard to find stuff to eat, but it's getting easier.

2. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

Can't say I have any allergies of food that I know of myself however I can't drink milk or have it in tea as it makes me feel sicky. I can have it on cereal though as long as I have a little sugar on my cereal.

3. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

Don't have any, love to eat. I know many people are allergic to peanuts and things like that or seafood. My uncle is. But I'm not.

4. APS

APS Administrator Staff Member

I have no allergies that I know of,and I think I would know by now if I had

5. Phusion

Phusion New Chatter

As far as I know, I am not allergic to any type of food. Not allergic to anything, for that matter.

6. joydyats

joydyats Chat Addict

Before when I was about 4 years old, I had food allergies. I was allergic with fish of any kind whether fried or steamed. My eyes and lips bloats. What my mom does is that she gives me spoonfuls of sugar and after like 30 minutes, my bloated eyes and lips are normal again. She kept on feeding me little amounts of fish everyday till my body got immuned to it. Now, I can eat as many fish I want. :)

7. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

I didn't know you could actually make yourself immune to something you where allergic to myself as when I have ever known people to be allergic to something they just avoid it, it is good that you can do that though as it stops you from missing out on certain foods :)

8. MiszMariee

MiszMariee Chat Addict

Being taken out to a restaurant by my fiancee is rather sweet but also stressful because deciding what to eat and then watching how much of it I do eat can be a bit of a hassle and you never really get the full enjoyment of the experience. I am allergic to sugar (I cannot have more than 3 grams in anything I do consume), to all bread types expect whole grain, mustard, mayonnaise, cherries, raspberries, and sour cream. When people hear what I am allergic to, they assume that I have a very limiting diet but I actually don't. I still to this day eat what I want because I cannot die from an allergic reaction. My body will break out but I go home right after pigging out and put cream on my scars to counteract the affects I would have if otherwise.

9. zararina

zararina Chat Addict

I guess i do not have food allergies in general. There are just foods that i do not like to eat. It is because i do not like the taste or i do not like how some food looks. I also do not like half cooked and raw foods.

10. Cecil15

Cecil15 I am Me...

I am allergic to milk and anything that has milk in it. My stomach would go wild as soon as I have eaten something that it doesn't want. Sometimes, I do throw up all that I ate after that. And I noticed that I am also allergic to canned sardines 'cause I usually become itchy and it eventually become rashes when I eat it.

11. roxfan003

roxfan003 Shy Chatter

I don't have any allergies related to actual food, but I am am allergic to some antibiotics. My husband is allergic to wheat, but it doesn't seem to affect him too much other than just getting a runny/stuffy nose.

12. Beverly

Beverly Getting There

I'm allergic to coffee and it gives me migraines, even just the odor, so i have to be careful to avoid. Which is a shame as i love the taste of coffee and drank it for years but can no longer tolerate it.